Help with settings - DRIVING FORCE GT WHEEL

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_ENERGIYA
  • 9 comments
  • 1,621 views
Messages
970
Australia
AUSTRALIA
Messages
ENERGIYA--V2
Hi, just asking for advice is settings for the DRIVING FORCE GT WHEEL. This is my first time using wheel. When i turn wheel car won't turn, when it does turn the car spins out. plus the wheel turns by itself. can you advise me what to do. THANKS
 
Last edited:
I've had my wheel a couple months now,some things I found turn the corrective steering off or on mild.there is on option on my page options to adjust the force feed back on wheel may have to turn it down to 1 or 2.hope this helps practice,practice,at least the callouses on thumbs will heal.:)
 
Thats force-feedback. You musnt have ever actually raced, so let me explain:
When you turn aggressivley into a corner, the car will either understeer or oversteer (me gusta oversteer.) Oversteer is when the cars rear end slides and try's to come around to the front, and understeer is when the front tires lose grip and push through the corners. In order to overcome oversteer, you need to apply opposite lock through your steering inputs, or turn in to the skid. You dont want to stop it from sliding, but you want to keep a consistant speed throughout the corner with the throttle. The easiest way to know how far your rear end is sliding, is by feeling where the wheel has no resistance, and where the wheel begins to tug in a different direction. Its very hard to explain, just do work. wow, this was long.
 
Practice with low powered cars and work up. Disable ASM if you have it on.
 
I suggest you race online at suzuka later. That way I'll have a chance of beating you, while your still getting used to it lol.
 
I suggest you race online at suzuka later. That way I'll have a chance of beating you, while your still getting used to it lol.

Come on matt1245 lol. stop teasing, it my give you a advantage for a while, but what about after i'm use to the wheel.👍
 
Hi, just asking for advice is settings for the DRIVING FORCE GT WHEEL. This is my first time using wheel. When i turn wheel car won't turn, when it does turn the car spins out. plus the wheel turns by itself. can you advise me what to do. THANKS

I've just bought the DF GT wheel myself last weekend. It is taking a while to get used to after years of using the pad but i'm loving the extra feel of it.

However, I too am struggling with controlling spins. With the pad it seems a bit easier for me because i can go to full lock a lot quicker. It's not so bad controlling a slight powerslide, but i find if someone nudges me unexpectedly during a race, i just can't correct it quick enough to avoid the kitty litter.

I know that with plenty of practice the wheel will offer me more control than the DS3 but i was hoping for some advice from fellow wheel users that would help get me up to speed a bit quicker.

My current settings are:

Physics: Pro
All aids off except ABS: 1
Assisted steering: Off
Wheel Physics: Standard
PAS: Off
FF: 5

Thanks in advance

Stalker
 
Last edited:
Come on matt1245 lol. stop teasing, it my give you a advantage for a while, but what about after i'm use to the wheel.👍

Then my really crapiness at driving will show and I'll retire in shame lol.
 
Back