Help with Silvia spec-R AERO '02

• Thread starter Fernand126
  • 8 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Fernand126
Well, I'm a COMPLETE noob trying to start the art of drifting.
I'm trying to prepare my car, but I'm not sure about two things:
-In the tuning shop: Should I keep my car at 400HP or should I improve it to 450HP~500HP? I imagine 400 is easier, but would start with 450HP~500HP be worth it considering I'll probably start using these in the future?

-What should I adjust except the car power and turning assists off(alright know these)?

Thanks for your time and help. :dopey:

Before getting into any drift tunes, just get used to your car on stock suspension settings.

Get about 350-400hp, if you want to learn with an S15 that's fine.

Also, you might want to put your differential on 5 60 60, these settings will help your car get sideways and also make it a little more controllable than a stock diff.

Now just put some comfort hards on, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Since you're new to drifting, you should start with a low horsepower car like a S13 or FC 👍

Yeah, I got an older Silvia with about 250HP too in case I think my S15 is too difficult.

Before getting into any drift tunes, just get used to your car on stock suspension settings.

Get about 350-400hp, if you want to learn with an S15 that's fine.

Also, you might want to put your differential on 5 60 60, these settings will help your car get sideways and also make it a little more controllable than a stock diff.

Now just put some comfort hard on, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

How do I adjust the differential?
And I messed up with the brakes a little bit(not sure if this is the differential thing you're talking 'bout)

UPDATE:
First lap in Tsukuba = 5600
First lap in Special Route 7 = 14564

Last edited:
Yeah, I got an older Silvia with about 250HP too in case I think my S15 is too difficult.

How do I adjust the differential?
And I messed up with the brakes a little bit(not sure if this is the differential thing you're talking 'bout)

UPDATE:
First lap in Tsukuba = 5600
First lap in Special Route 7 = 14564

Go to drivetrain settings then go to your LSD.

Well, I'm a COMPLETE noob trying to start the art of drifting.
I'm trying to prepare my car, but I'm not sure about two things:
-In the tuning shop: Should I keep my car at 400HP or should I improve it to 450HP~500HP? I imagine 400 is easier, but would start with 450HP~500HP be worth it considering I'll probably start using these in the future?

-What should I adjust except the car power and turning assists off(alright know these)?

Thanks for your time and help. :dopey:

400hp is more easier for you since your new to drifting then if you think you've gone better raise the hp to 450; go up by 50hp everytime.

Tune your car to your liking; I definitely like my car slammed and 3/4 of the brake at the back and a little bit of camber. Depends if your on the controller or wheel.

Are you totaly new on the Gran Turismo world ? Cuz if u are i would start off with some normal race's just to get used with the cotrolls of the game.

Power is track dependent when starting out, because there's less you have to focus on. For example, if ur at autumn ring mini with the mentioned s15, there is gonna be some shifting involved to stay in the power band. With less power you can stay in one gear, and concentrate on line and transitioning.

Back