Help with wheel drifting?

• Thread starter jtarules
  • 12 comments
United States
United States
SharpestKilla89
SharpestKilla
Hello I have been drifting with a controller for a while now. I wanted to try out wheel drifting. So I pulled my Logitech Driving Force Pro out of my storage building. Anyway I have a few questions. My first question is which setting do I use amature, professional, and or do I use Simulation? My second question is whats the best force feedback setting for a noobie like my self? My third question is which is the best steering sensativity setting. My last question is can anyone set up a time when both parties can be online and show me some tips and tricks? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hello I have been drifting with a controller for a while now. I wanted to try out wheel drifting. So I pulled my Logitech Driving Force Pro out of my storage building. Anyway I have a few questions. My first question is which setting do I use amature, professional, and or do I use Simulation? My second question is whats the best force feedback setting for a noobie like my self? My third question is which is the best steering sensativity setting. My last question is can anyone set up a time when both parties can be online and show me some tips and tricks? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Simulation is what everyone uses I am pretty sure as the others have minimal effect, force feed back is more of a self choice I use 10 in some cars 8 in others and 5 in another car, Some cars to make it lose some to make it more controlled. This is more on how you like it, Some people believe that the steering sensitivity has effect others think it does nothing, I am on the verge of believing it does or it does not.

The wheel takes at least 2 mouths for the average person to get good at drifting on the wheel, I am still new myself. So I can not pass any good tips down to you, But if you would like to have a drift for extra practice with me feel free to add me.

Psn:Shoot_Da_Car

Thanks SDC!

Okay man thanks for the tips. I am adding you now on psn, if you wanna drift and or just talk.

Hello I have been drifting with a controller for a while now. I wanted to try out wheel drifting. So I pulled my Logitech Driving Force Pro out of my storage building. Anyway I have a few questions. My first question is which setting do I use amature, professional, and or do I use Simulation?

I think that setting only affects older generation wheels with 200 degree turning radius (i.e. Logitech Driving Force EX, Logitech GT Force etc.), you can see them highlighted when choosing while the 900 degree wheels are not highlighted.

The power assisted steering option and FFB amount affect 900 degree wheels such as the Logitech DFP you're using, you should now see them highlighted when choosing. Power steering option is said to make steering feel smoother and a bit lighter, you have to try it yourself and see if it makes any difference for you though.

I would say choosing power steering on/off and FFB amount is mostly trial and error depending on your driving style and how much feedback you need to drive and drift successfully. Take your time to find a good feel.

im pretty much helping out any new comers to the steering wheel system.have had one graduate who is now able to drift pro level within 6 weeks.feel free to add me on the PSN for a drift session.

Simulation
Forcefeedback 4
and 0 steering sensitivity.

Last edited:
im pretty much helping out any new comers to the steering wheel system.have had one graduate who is now able to drift pro level within 6 weeks.feel free to add me on the PSN for a drift session.

Simulation
Forcefeedback 4
and 0 steering sensitivity.

On my wheel I rock 10 force feedback since I feel the Gran Turismo 5 FFB is pretty weak. I think default DiRT FFB is stronger than 10 on Gran Turismo

On my wheel I rock 10 force feedback since I feel the Gran Turismo 5 FFB is pretty weak. I think default DiRT FFB is stronger than 10 on Gran Turismo

You should try rFactor drifting then, god that FFB is fun to throw around.

You should try rFactor drifting then, god that FFB is fun to throw around.

I wish I could but I only have a Mac. Apparently it's excellent for being so strong and realistic

Back