Help with X2010 Challenge - Suzuka

  • Thread starter Thread starter GV27
  • 11 comments
  • 2,215 views
Messages
1,121
Spain
Barcelona
Messages
GV27-
Hello everyone!!

Yesterday I golded both Monza and Nurburgring with my DS3, after not having tried it for months, and it obviously felt great.

I was never so naive as to believe I'd gold Suzuka easily, but I certainly never expected it to be so hard, either. I've been unable to get even close to gold, and my best time is 2:15:394.

Honestly, not being able to even get silver until I had been trying for 2 hours caused me quite a high psychological strain, as I do not rate myself as a lousy driver and, at this moment I can't see the light out of this tunnel. I basically can't even imagine myself getting gold. My fingers hurt and I've been trying this for 2 hours straight now.

My set up is:

CT: 0
Anti-skid: ON
Active steering: Mid
ASM: 0
ABS: 2
Sensibility: 7


Can the set up be improved so that it's a bit easier to go quick? Honestly, I've given up on being able to do it by myself, and I am clearly not interested in saying "I beat it!". The only thing I want is that damn trophy to be gold instead of bronze, I don't even care how I do it!!

Can anyone help this troubled soul?
 
The car seem the smoothest with no aids but abs 10. (Given by another user)
I use the ds3 and the car flowed better and you can trail brake into the corner.
Be very smooth and nail turn 1 esp on lap 2 . After the s section and that slight uphill left, Theres the quick right hander followed by a slower one at the bridge. This quick right you need to take it fast so turn in just early enough alot of time can be lost here in these spots, Also after the long back straight that left is a wide open turn, dont lift. Hope it helps!!
 
Thank you :)

I'm trying that, but I find it hard to make the car go fast. I guess I'm not good at tail braking, but the car doesn't feel better, overall. I guess I got used to my own set up, sadly.

I guess I'll try various things! Thank you again.

Oh, by the way, would you happen to have split times? On my first lap, I usually do:

T1: 0.28.8
T2: 0:53.0
Goal: 1:06:5

Where is it I am losing more time?
 
I havent got anywhere near gold but the places i kbow i lost time in/on was the hairpin and the tight chicane at the end. Also the degner turns (or whatever they are called) are where most time is probable lost
 
Unless you are a God at GT5 you cant get a gold at Suzuka with DS3. My suggestion, go to your local Gamestop, get a steering wheel, complete the challenge and then return it :)
 
DaLightninRacer
Unless you are a God at GT5 you cant get a gold at Suzuka with DS3. My suggestion, go to your local Gamestop, get a steering wheel, complete the challenge and then return it :)

Loool : D why not keep it?
 
Loool : D why not keep it?

lol

I personally have the Driving Force GT (Get Gold on everything with it:D) but have been using it since the days of GT4. It is quite pricey at over $130 and takes some time to get used to a wheel when you have been using a DS3 all your life. But if you don't really care about it being a "Simulation" and just want the X2010 prototype then "rent" the wheel :)
 
I thought I saw someone getting gold with the DS3... and I'm "just" 0.7 away on each lap (actually 1.3 in total) so I thought it was possible?

Anyway, how long do you think it would take someone (me!) to get used to a steering wheel?

I do have a Logitech G25 (which always worked like a charm with my PC) but I can't use it on a regular everyday basis for logistic reasons. That is why I asked how long it'd take, since I need it to take as few time as possible, sadly...

Also, anything I'd need to know when setting up a G25 with GT5? I think there used to be some issues with that?
 
Last edited:
2:10:131!!

I'm praying that I will get those 0.131 soon...!!!
 
I know It's triple posting, but I did it!!!

2:09:785, on a specially good second lap, rather than the first. Strangely enough, I realised that with the steering wheel, I'm better at the second lap. That's probably because I reached a point where I was pretty much able to keep the car on the grey part! :)

Thanks for the help everyone here! We have a new guy on the "X2010 Three Gold" club!
 
Thank you! I have to admit that, when I did it, I felt on top of the world! :D
 
Back