Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sohappeee
  • 13 comments
  • 855 views
Messages
28
This happened to any of you? When I finish a race my car slows normally but I get no "Finish" banner or results, etc. My car continues to run around the course at 45mph. None of my buttons work except for the PS button.
I have another game running with a different name and I have no problem with that one. Any ideas?
 
Save your GT5 data to a USB stick, then delete all your in game GT5 data. Re-install GT5, and restore you save that you had on the USB. (But do so in that order or you may permanently loose you data)

Hope that helps.
 
Thanks Sam I'll try that...a new wrinkle just occurred. I'm at the main PS screen and my system has apparantly locked up..none of the buttons are working now, looks like I have to completely shut the machine off. ??
 
This has happened to me 3 times in endurance races (300k, Suzuka 1000k, and the nring 24 hr).

The answer is to play offline in all the endos. Sign out, then go to GT life.
 
you finished the 24h and it didnt count? dang
 
Crushed
you finished the 24h and it didnt count? dang

Yes! That sucked. But it worked today. Endurance series complete trophy, McLaren MPC 4, and level 24 ticket (Will take either Ferrari F1 car). Game save of course. Now on to the ASpec 24's this weekend.
 
ohhhhh it was b-spec u won.... You can also get gt formula too from ticket
 
Crushed
ohhhhh it was b-spec u won.... You can also get gt formula too from ticket

You can get either of the Ferraris or the FGT. I make a game save before opening it so I can try again if I get one I already have. Same with any tickets really. Although the 1000 ticket has bad odds of getting what you need.
 
Seriously... this has been happening to me the last few races. This is some bs. It's like I race for a good 20 mins and for nothing, I have to reset the ps3...
 
same here, this has happened several times since the upgrade.
 
Save your GT5 data to a USB stick, then delete all your in game GT5 data. Re-install GT5, and restore you save that you had on the USB. (But do so in that order or you may permanently loose you data)

Hope that helps.

But you will lose all user created tracks??
 
It's one of three things usually. First clean your disk, if it's dirty this can happen, secondly it could be a slow internet connection at fault, so try playing while not connected to the net, to see if that fixes it. Finally if all that fails reinstall the Game Data as there may be a corrupt file/s causing issues.
 
With all these people having problems im sure its not a dirty disc. Its GT5!!
Im still 3.61 with the gt5 1.10. I dont have problems with any other games. Also people that updated ps3 first then gt5 are having the same issues. Not all but its there.
 
Ok guys, I have had this problems for a couple days now and it PISSED me off.

So I decided to do a few things and didn't EVER have the same problem since.

First thing I did was delete game cache from the options menu.

Then I did pre-install game data also from the options menu. I had it already pre-installed so it took like 3 minutes. I did NOT erase all game data first, so basically, I pre-installed pre-game data twice.

Lastly, I put the race BGM to original (Not personal BGM). I think this last step was the main solution.

Like I said, had zero problems ever since. And, of course, this may not work for everyone.

If it DOES work, let us know! :]
 
Back