Help!

• Thread starter div
  • 25 comments

div

Hi!

Im planning on starting a tunning company im Miami and me and my partners have it all planned out but one thing is missing

The Name of the company!

Well, here's how we will make it happen

Im a conceptor and designer and I work on cars and i design new pieces and stuff like that.

My partners will start another part of our company which will be centered around custom bikes.

And we're looking for a Name for our company

Most of the guys are born in canada so you can imagine stuff with canada of other things.

Anyway i appreciate your cooperation.

And please, Don't discrimated me by saying it will never work, IT WILL WORK!

Kanuck Kustoms

? That's Klos's idea with funky new age speeeeeling.

At first I thought

CIS = Canadian Import Special

But it sounded too much like CSI : crime blablablah

so I just don't know

Sin Tang Tuners
Variable Varified Tunings & Inspiration - VVT-I
Mazn Tuning Company
De ek De ek Tuners
World Tuning Center - WTC
2 Fast 2 Cheap Customs
Keong Customs
Cibai Customs
Puki Tuners

Originally posted by div
Hi!

Im planning on starting a tunning company im Miami and me and my partners have it all planned out but one thing is missing

The Name of the company!

Well, here's how we will make it happen

Im a conceptor and designer and I work on cars and i design new pieces and stuff like that.

My partners will start another part of our company which will be centered around custom bikes.

And we're looking for a Name for our company

Most of the guys are born in canada so you can imagine stuff with canada of other things.

Anyway i appreciate your cooperation.

And please, Don't discrimated me by saying it will never work, IT WILL WORK!

I'll offer constructive criticism. Please don't take this as a slam, I'm much rather give you my thoughts and experience so that you can avoid a few mistakes.

First, get a business plan written down. What are you going to do. Write it out. Don't say "I'm gonna design stuff". What stuff? body kits? exhausts? super dooper Wings? Lowering kits? Engine borings? Now write this plan out for a 1st year set of goals, 5 year goals, and 10 years goals. Plan for economy down turns, and stock up on Ramen noodles. Take that business plan, attached realistic estimates for it, then chop it down to 1/4 of that.

What's the market in Miami for Import Tuners? Flip open a phone book and count them. Take a trip to the local town offices and research how many there already are. Visit 50% of them and note what they sell and how much they sell it for. Start contacting disriputors to see what you can get for prices. While at the town offices, check on the reported incomes of these businesses. You'll have to shell out cash for that.

Have you investigated what it takes to legally form a business? paperwork, taxes, allocated cash reserves? All those distributors aren't going to ship you 42 bottles of NOS on credit. You have to pay for those ahead of time. Falken won't hand you 48 rims and tell you "pay me when you can".

So you're going to design "stuff" for cars. How're you going to make it? Hand sketches? Where are you going to measure and test these body kits? Are you going to buy a Veilside kit and measure all the holes and mounting brakets then base your drwaings off them? Where'd you get the cash to get the kit? Who's car are you going to test it on? Paint, carbon fiber mix, molding tools, plastic injection? How are you planning to mass market this? Or will it be a "custom one-of-a-kind" shop? Who's going to give up their $40,000 Audi to a kid and his buddies that can't even spell? And you really need to do some Spell Checking on the webpage you have listed in your profile.

So you'r buddy is going to "do custom stuff for bikes". What custom stuff? Chrome plating? one of a kind paint jobs on fairings and tanks? Frame stretches? new rims? Where are the tools and garages located to get this done? How much is the insurance, what training does he have to give him a reputation. Nobody is going to hand you their $30,000 Harley to have a guy (no reputation, no history, no preview) do "custom stuff" to their bike.

Plan out each and every step. Where you're getting parts from, what prices, how it's going to work, who is responsible should everything fall apart. is your buddy going to stay with you when teh bank threatens to take your house for late payments? Are you going to stay with your buddy when they threaten to take your house because he couldn't pay the company loan?

What happens when you forget to tighten a few lug nuts, and this kid spins his car into a tree and 90mph? is your insurance going to cover the leagl costs? How are you paying this insurance?

Ok..My barrage is done for now. Before you go off in a huff and tell me to get stuffed, I'm not berating you. I'm tryingto give you as much info as possible so that you can make this dream work. Right now you've got a Dream. What you need to realize, is that the idea of making money on this is 15 years away, and you're going to bust your hump, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 364 days a year. That extra day gives you one chance to walk down to the beach and sleep for 12 hours straight.

If you want to succeed, there are no 9-5 days, and parties at night. You've decided to give up your life, and eat, sleep, breathe, accost, molest, caress, dream about, and have nightmares about. You'll go three days with only tums, because you're worried sick about paying NOS, Veilside, your manufacturer, your molder, you electric bill, your chrome plater, the bank, the rent, the gas station, the irate customer, the internet bill, the tire supplier, the grocery store, your employees, the government.

I sincerely wish you the best in your endeavor. Don't sell yourself short, because at one point, even Alois Ruf was selling mufflers.

My suggestion: TTYS Tuned to your specs.

If you'd like to discuss this more, drop me a PM.

AO

Originally posted by Der Alta
I'll offer constructive criticism. Please don't take this as a slam, I'm much rather give you my thoughts and experience so that you can avoid a few mistakes.

First, get a business plan written down. What are you going to do. Write it out. Don't say "I'm gonna design stuff". What stuff? body kits? exhausts? super dooper Wings? Lowering kits? Engine borings? Now write this plan out for a 1st year set of goals, 5 year goals, and 10 years goals. Plan for economy down turns, and stock up on Ramen noodles. Take that business plan, attached realistic estimates for it, then chop it down to 1/4 of that.

What's the market in Miami for Import Tuners? Flip open a phone book and count them. Take a trip to the local town offices and research how many there already are. Visit 50% of them and note what they sell and how much they sell it for. Start contacting disriputors to see what you can get for prices. While at the town offices, check on the reported incomes of these businesses. You'll have to shell out cash for that.

Have you investigated what it takes to legally form a business? paperwork, taxes, allocated cash reserves? All those distributors aren't going to ship you 42 bottles of NOS on credit. You have to pay for those ahead of time. Falken won't hand you 48 rims and tell you "pay me when you can".

So you're going to design "stuff" for cars. How're you going to make it? Hand sketches? Where are you going to measure and test these body kits? Are you going to buy a Veilside kit and measure all the holes and mounting brakets then base your drwaings off them? Where'd you get the cash to get the kit? Who's car are you going to test it on? Paint, carbon fiber mix, molding tools, plastic injection? How are you planning to mass market this? Or will it be a "custom one-of-a-kind" shop? Who's going to give up their $40,000 Audi to a kid and his buddies that can't even spell? And you really need to do some Spell Checking on the webpage you have listed in your profile.

So you'r buddy is going to "do custom stuff for bikes". What custom stuff? Chrome plating? one of a kind paint jobs on fairings and tanks? Frame stretches? new rims? Where are the tools and garages located to get this done? How much is the insurance, what training does he have to give him a reputation. Nobody is going to hand you their $30,000 Harley to have a guy (no reputation, no history, no preview) do "custom stuff" to their bike.

Plan out each and every step. Where you're getting parts from, what prices, how it's going to work, who is responsible should everything fall apart. is your buddy going to stay with you when teh bank threatens to take your house for late payments? Are you going to stay with your buddy when they threaten to take your house because he couldn't pay the company loan?

What happens when you forget to tighten a few lug nuts, and this kid spins his car into a tree and 90mph? is your insurance going to cover the leagl costs? How are you paying this insurance?

Ok..My barrage is done for now. Before you go off in a huff and tell me to get stuffed, I'm not berating you. I'm tryingto give you as much info as possible so that you can make this dream work. Right now you've got a Dream. What you need to realize, is that the idea of making money on this is 15 years away, and you're going to bust your hump, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 364 days a year. That extra day gives you one chance to walk down to the beach and sleep for 12 hours straight.

If you want to succeed, there are no 9-5 days, and parties at night. You've decided to give up your life, and eat, sleep, breathe, accost, molest, caress, dream about, and have nightmares about. You'll go three days with only tums, because you're worried sick about paying NOS, Veilside, your manufacturer, your molder, you electric bill, your chrome plater, the bank, the rent, the gas station, the irate customer, the internet bill, the tire supplier, the grocery store, your employees, the government.

I sincerely wish you the best in your endeavor. Don't sell yourself short, because at one point, even Alois Ruf was selling mufflers.

My suggestion: TTYS Tuned to your specs.

If you'd like to discuss this more, drop me a PM.

AO
Nicley said! :cheers:👍

Originally posted by TOYOTA FR3AK
:lol: :P :D

Apa ni!?

EDIT: Please don't use this names:P

Wait...How about you start using the edit function instead of triple posting?

Back