Help!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baseballer5
  • 11 comments
  • 847 views
Messages
6
I dont know what happened but i justed turned on my PS2 and for some reason when i put in GT4 it keeps telling me that the game file is corrupt but im 100% sure that i did not turn off the PS2 during a save and when i put in the memory cards without the game and search the card it doesnt tell me that the file is corrupt but just sees it as a regular GT4 game save. I also have tried to copy the file to my other memory card and it lets me but even that memory card is telling me corrupt file.
WTF happened and what can i do?
I wasnt near 100% or anything but i did have many hours logged on and this makes me not want to play for a long time!
PLEASE HELP!!!!
 
Hate to break it to you, but if it's corrupt, chances are it's probably gone for good. Same thing happened to me in GT2 and try as I might, I couldn't get it back.
 
Unlucky dude. Mine did that 2 me a couple of weeks ago, again im sure i didnt switch if off while loadin/saving. I just, afta nearl throwing the PS2 out the window, started again. I had bout 60% done so was a bit p*$$ed! For some reason, im actualy glad i started again.
Face the music and start again!
 
Mine corrupted at 30% a few months ago when I turned it off by mistake when it was autosaving. :ouch: I couldn't get the save file back so I started all over again. :indiff:
 
HsV_CoUpE
Which is why you turn Auto save off.
Then, because your so used to having it on, you turn off the game without saving.
 
yeah it just happened to me today....i am sooo pissed. i lost my full garage of drift cars and i was at about 60%. hopefullyi can find someone near me to steal there progress. :nervous:
 
your screwed over, happpened to me to, i had no GT4 for 3 weeks, and i was at 80% so yeah just delete it and go buy a new cause i had to.
 
All I can suggest is turning off the Auto Save feeature in the Options section, and buying a second (3rd?) memory card for a back-up.

I backup the save once a week.
 
Hi everyone,
I have a problem to access the GT World Championship and further the extreme hall.
If I try it shows me a error: "You have to finish all beginner and pro sessions to enter"
I have more than 80%, all beginner, pro, manufacturer, special conditions and missions complete and or made to gold. The only 2 races that are left is Sarthe I & Sarthe II. Please can someone tell me what the problem is? Or is there one hidden race or something I didn't see still now. But I had a look into all races to be sure they are on gold or complete.
It's the PAL Version and a original game for sure. I hope someone knows what to do. I really want to play the extreme hall.
Thank's so far!
Greetings from Bavaria
 
It has happend to me twice :indiff: I have learned why. If you turn off the PS2, or reset it, while the red memorycard is flashing in the corner (Tells that it is saving), or some few seconds after, the game date will be corrupted. Wait until the text inthe bottom of the screen starts roling again, then there will be no corrupt data. I got my date saved on two memorycards, to be sure now.
 
Two Memory Cards are the only way to go.

I feel your pain! Move on, buy another Memory Card and start over! Like the other guys said "Turn off the auto save" and save on two cards.

I hope you feel better! :)
 
Back