here bicyclers

Depends what kind of bike and which end it is. But it's rather like asking how long a piece of string is....

But, most of the time when an axle goes it's the loose bearing type and that usually means that when you come to change the axel you find that you've either a) collapsed the bearing cups or b) ovalised the bearing cup. So usually better to replace the hub and or the entire wheel.

If you're short of the funds for a new wheel i'd try wandering round to your local bike shop and asking if they've got any wheels off repairs that you can canibalise that or the local dump... you may get lucky.

But as a general idea

I bought a BMX steel rim rear wheel for £15 /20 and a Mountain bike rear for £30. But they were real cheapies. My jump bike has a front wheel that cost £150+.........

Does anyone else here mountain bike seriously.

Ive got a full suspension rig that does me right.

Its a diamondback that I got for one hell of a deal because I am close friends to the fellas at the bike shop.

It should cost 1800 dollars stock, but I got mine for about 20 percent of that.

Now Im really screwed though because I moved to louisiana and its just flat swamp down here.

Hope one of you guys love to ride... see ya on the trail.

Check out your local bike shop and ask the locals about trails that might be aroud. Try some urban freeriding on stairs, skateparks, and places like that. You got a pretty sweet price on your DB, I've had my Rocky Mountain since '99 and have invested over $4000 in it.

Back