Here is something interesting...

  • Thread starter Thread starter P0UP0N
  • 14 comments
  • 1,788 views

P0UP0N

s0ul_chicken's EVIL TWIN
Premium
Messages
3,346
United States
United States
Messages
POUPON8
My kick-ass wife said she wanted a blu-ray player upstairs, so I didn't hesitate to get another PS3. I made her an account (master) and created my existing (slave) account as well. I took my game save from the man cave and brought it upstairs to play while she was off to yoga. I did my usual gaming and took that save back downstairs to my PS3, loaded up GT5 and it gave me a fresh set of chromeline cars! All had zero miles - just like I had downloaded them for the first time. I thought it was a fluke, but I tried it again a few days later and it gave me another fresh set. Granted, this is probably not a cool thing if you have one or more setup to your liking, but if you want to keep them pristine, you can!
 
Interesting, but what's the point if there not tradable?
 
I for one am glad they aren't tradeable, then it wouldn't even be worth it to buy the collectors edition since people would dupe them to infinity. I drove four of the five quite extensively, but secretly wished I hadn't. So, I had my fun with them, now they can rest there unmolested.
 
All true, very true indeed. But why do you think you shouldn't have driven them? Ruins the good condition? I try to not drive new cars too.
 
Pretty much so - that and I overtuned a couple of them. I pretty much wrecked the BMW and Lambo with the stage 2 and 3 tuning. I was so eager to drive them right off the bat that I didn't think ahead to what I was doing to the cars. Having a fresh set really put a smile on my face!
 
Yeah, I wish the Engine thing wasn't permanent. They need to add Engine swapping.
 
I think it's funny that people want new cars and don't drive them.....

Newsflash...it's a game. The cars have zero value if they have 25K miles or zero miles.
Not being a jerk, but what's the point? What is the point of owning zero mileage cars?

But, on the flip, that is cool about the cars just showing up....nice bonus, eh?
 
My kick-ass wife said she wanted a blu-ray player upstairs, so I didn't hesitate to get another PS3. I made her an account (master) and created my existing (slave) account as well. I took my game save from the man cave and brought it upstairs to play while she was off to yoga. I did my usual gaming and took that save back downstairs to my PS3, loaded up GT5 and it gave me a fresh set of chromeline cars! All had zero miles - just like I had downloaded them for the first time. I thought it was a fluke, but I tried it again a few days later and it gave me another fresh set. Granted, this is probably not a cool thing if you have one or more setup to your liking, but if you want to keep them pristine, you can!

You're not that first to discover this. I have seen this in a thread before, but in that thread there was some talk that you just could do it five times. So be careful:trouble:

I found the tread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194949
 
Last edited:
there was some talk that you just could do it five times. So be careful:trouble:

I was gonna say the same thing. Save your 5 downloads for when you might actually need them, reloading the game data takes up one as does loading your save on a new system (as you did).
 
Here's what happened. It's been mentioned before. You don't have the DLC downloaded on your other PS3, so when you played your game on your other PS3, your Chromeline cars were removed from your garage, without telling you, when the game started up. You just didn't notice them gone while you played. When you brought your save back to your original PS3, the game saw you didn't have the cars and gave them back to you. This is a real stinker for people that have modded their DLC cars because the cars don't have their mods still when you get them back. If you plan on using your other PS3 to play GT5 on, I'd authorize it and download the DLC files on it so the cars are kept in your garage. There's no charge, you can authorize up to 5 PS3s for your DLC.
 
My head does not understand this:dunce:.You can not move your saves to another PS3, and the PS3 can not save it on the game disc.

Can you explain one more time. And use small simple words, so that a stupid Norwegians understand it.:confused:
 
You can move your save file. You cannot "move" your DLC cars with that save file. They have to be downloaded again on the second PS3 from PSN. You only have to download on the second PS3 once for it to continue to work.
 
Interesting, but what's the point if there not tradable?

Is that the only value you see in this game? :dunce:

My head does not understand this:dunce:.You can not move your saves to another PS3, and the PS3 can not save it on the game disc.

Can you explain one more time. And use small simple words, so that a stupid Norwegians understand it.:confused:

He used a USB flash drive to transfer the SAVEDATA. 👍


Like this:
usb-flash-drive-1.jpg
 
Here's what happened. It's been mentioned before. You don't have the DLC downloaded on your other PS3, so when you played your game on your other PS3, your Chromeline cars were removed from your garage, without telling you, when the game started up. You just didn't notice them gone while you played. When you brought your save back to your original PS3, the game saw you didn't have the cars and gave them back to you. This is a real stinker for people that have modded their DLC cars because the cars don't have their mods still when you get them back. If you plan on using your other PS3 to play GT5 on, I'd authorize it and download the DLC files on it so the cars are kept in your garage. There's no charge, you can authorize up to 5 PS3s for your DLC.

Good idea there Elkay!
 
I for one am glad they aren't tradeable, then it wouldn't even be worth it to buy the collectors edition since people would dupe them to infinity. I drove four of the five quite extensively, but secretly wished I hadn't. So, I had my fun with them, now they can rest there unmolested.

Also a good idea! 👍
 
Back