Here's a tip...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 21 comments
  • 2,071 views
Messages
386
United States
OH
Messages
GTP_Sarkazmo
Set your controller sensitivity to -1 (use the in race pause menu to set this) for better control. The controls become a lot less twitchy and you have finer control giving you the ability to place the car/kart better on the track. I use the -1 setting for all cars. One may find that -2 works better depending on one's driving style and vehicle. Give it a shot and see how it works for you.

Comment below on your sensitivity setting and what advantage you believe it gives you.

Sark
 
I adjust sensitivity according to the car.
The faster the car the lower the sensitivity EXCEPT the RED BULL cars which I drive with 4-7.

If my understanding of sensitivity is correct, it sort of simulates data points along an axis. With high sensitivity, the sticks have more data points along their movement therefore are more precise. This would benefit slower cars more as you'd get more precise control. With high speed, unstable cars, you'd want to remove sensitivity as even the slightest movement could upset the balance.
The red bulls are an exception because they are so incredibly stable, high sensitivity works with the reduced steering lock to help with low speed turns.
 
I found the opposite. For me 3-4 works OK with all the cars I came across so far. But these are mostly low powered cars.
With the default setting I had to make additional movements with the analogs to compensate for some twitchy movements of the car. With 3-4 I always expect things to be a little "accelerated" "so I can attack the corners more aggressively and also less movements when negotiating long, fast, flowing corners followed by some more sharp corners - that's where the 3-4 setting really shines.
 
I adjust sensitivity according to the car.
The faster the car the lower the sensitivity EXCEPT the RED BULL cars which I drive with 4-7.

If my understanding of sensitivity is correct, it sort of simulates data points along an axis. With high sensitivity, the sticks have more data points along their movement therefore are more precise. This would benefit slower cars more as you'd get more precise control. With high speed, unstable cars, you'd want to remove sensitivity as even the slightest movement could upset the balance.
The red bulls are an exception because they are so incredibly stable, high sensitivity works with the reduced steering lock to help with low speed turns.
Actually, that's not how it works. Turning up the sensitivity to 7 simply decreases the time it takes to go from one point to the other. I'm just making up numbers to illustrate, but if lock to lock is 1 second on -2 it might only be 0.5 seconds on 7.

You can see this clearly if you take a premium onto the track and park it and move the steering back and forth. Regardless of the setting, full lock is the same. Also, regardless of the setting if you move the stick halfway to the left, you get half the steering, 1/4=1/4 etc. All that changes is the response time to get 1/2 or 1/4 etc. Higher sensitivity just means quicker response time and vice versa.
 
I use sensitivity 1 on road cars, 2 on race cars, 3 on Prototypes and 4 On Redbulls (except junior: 3) I do this because The Sharper the car handles the longer it takes to get there, and going this makes all cars react the inputs similarly.
 
Actually, that's not how it works. Turning up the sensitivity to 7 simply decreases the time it takes to go from one point to the other. I'm just making up numbers to illustrate, but if lock to lock is 1 second on -2 it might only be 0.5 seconds on 7.

You can see this clearly if you take a premium onto the track and park it and move the steering back and forth. Regardless of the setting, full lock is the same. Also, regardless of the setting if you move the stick halfway to the left, you get half the steering, 1/4=1/4 etc. All that changes is the response time to get 1/2 or 1/4 etc. Higher sensitivity just means quicker response time and vice versa.
Once and for all, does sensitivity affect steering wheels in the same way?
 
-1 works well for me in any case. except the RedBull thing. That I had it set to 2.
 
I never adjust the sensitivity. But recently I have been playing with karts and tight race cars and I think I might try it on a few of them. I think consistency is key so if adjusting the sensitivity can make cars feel more similar then it might be a good thing. I will have to try.
 
4 for every car. It gives an useful fast reaction and car control.

Well... My opinion. :indiff:
 
I love the name of the thread.

Look, in my opinion if you don't have a setting session with each car you drive to suit your style then you're doing it wrong.

Or, it could mean I'm the nerd who keeps a mobile spreadsheet open.....
 
I have it at 2 and 4 for the karts/Red Bulls and it seems to work good that way, this has me thinking I'll experiment more though.
 
I use -2 for everything but from what ive been reading i shouldnt be o_O
 
I put it on one for everything; because my reactions are skewed and it allows me to correct easier when I mess up :D
 
I used 7 in GT5 so just did the same in GT6 - (Car logic states "Bigger number is better" right?)
 
I use 7 all the time, for a better precision, and it allows for quicker direction control and quicker turning.

This works well for me all the time EXCEPT for FF cars, with this max sensitivity, it apparently creates understeer (thats a mystery that I cannot understand...)
 
Once and for all, does sensitivity affect steering wheels in the same way?
I've never checked. I leave mine at -2 even for the odd time I use a controller instead of the G27. Maybe I'll give it a spin later and see what happens.
 
Sooo.... Ever since the option was made, I've always had it on 7, and I've never changed it. Ever. I just want to make sure one thing as I'm not near my ps3. I race the R18 at Le Mans... Like, a lot. So if I'm going like 140 (mph) into Porsche, will it take more time for it to turn in, or what?
 
My experience of it is it only determines the time to put lock on. It comes off as fast as possible, regardless. This catches me out with the sensitivity set low, giving a tendency to over-correct. I could try maximum and see if the speed is the same on and off, but I suspect I will struggle to drive. Will have to fiddle whenever I'm next DS3-bound.

Can't say I've noticed its effect on my G25, but then it took me half an hour to realise I'd left it on one of the reduced rotation settings the other day...
 
Back