Heres the Deal

• Thread starter GT-40/787b
  • 28 comments
I propose a SuperCar build off. each team must consist of atleast three members. all members must be designated by October 31. You may play as one member aslong as you are sponsored by another person on the board. The car body has to be that of any super car, ex: TS020, Desno Supra, Mugen NSX. cars will be juged by looks, handling, top speed, joy of driving- rated on a scale 1-10, 10 being best.a designated judge will try the cars and announce the winner. any takers?

All cars entered must be in .ini form. No hpmultipliers. Indy engines are not permitted and cars have to be below 950 horsepower.

I might try this competition out (BTW, how can your friend Josh participate if he doesn't have a computer?). Also, it's generally a good idea to comprise your teams of other members of the board ;)👍. This way, there's no confusing people. I might compete as a one-man team in this little...event, but I can never guarantee I'll get a time in for the weekly race series, and that's the first priority in my list of things to do in my free-time...

I think it sounds like fun, but Im worried that it would just be whoever can make an f1 car with 9999hp and a cool body...I think there some be some type of a criteria in judging about realism. If it accelerates 0 - 500 in 2 seconds, it would loose, and the slow car would win...I just think that making a possible, but still really cool car, would be the winner...no lightspeed scooters for me...

...and I can see participating, but I got no team. And yes, I would make sure my teams car could support dirt tires...so there...and also, my GS and SP are currently in the mail from...illionois and michigan...thank Ebay...

Ok, josh is a good buddy of mine, he helps with designing and is asmuch of a part of the team as Anthony and I. He does check the forum at school when he gets a chance. And any idea he has is equaly cunsulted within the team.

As for the car design it can be anything you want it to be aslong as it has the body of a super, or lm car. Indy and HP multipliers have been banned from this event, and i can load anycar onto my game to make sure it meets the critera. more rules on the way.

I think our judge is going to be Mr.Chaos, he is going to judge the car by what it is, now who or what you are, so budding up with him wont help. as you have seen the car is going to be judged upon looks, handling, top speed, joy of driving. and as previously posted it will be rated on a scale 1-10.

I am? I gave you some ideas for parameters and guidelines regarding a building contest. Of which you never replied to or agreed. There is no point for me to do all the settings on someone elses car. They should be run as built by the creator. So a sharkport/xport is almost required to participate since you should enter your car by .ini. Most serious hybriders will have one anyway.

Heydu and I designed the Builders cup for GTH. A weekly contest, open to anyone with a sharkport/xport, with changing car specs chosen by the winner of each weeks build. Drivetrain, weight, HP and on occasion body style were limited to make the cars competitive with each other. You have set no limits or established how cars would be submitted. Cars were judged on 7 Different categories, by multiple judges(anyone who had a sharkport/xport and wanted to judge)
1. Best sounding
2. Best looking
3. Quickest acceleration
4. Best top speed
5. Best handling
6. Closest to spec
7. Best overall

And that worked out very well.

Which that could be recreated here using a poll system. If you want to really have this competition you might want to put more thought into it first before just posting random thoughts.

For the record, Nobody ever won the builders cup aside from Heydu or myself;)

With the game shark there is a hpmultiplier x2,x4,x10,x20,x30,x40,x50, we can use that. now we can use the parts of other cars yes, but the hp cant exceed 950

most likely we will have a small subforum opened, and every user would submit their *.ini for every user to view, then have an open forums for voting and based on what car a forum member liked they would vote for. :mischievous:

As Anothny said, a sub-forum will probably be opened to this, all of the .inis will be posted, once we get the results back they will be posted in the order they won.

It is ashame that, that particular contest is no longer running. But if you think you could have hung with the pros Famine, it would have been interesting to have seen you pop in and try. I am not here in any attempt to embarrass you or anyone else here. I do see that you are helpful to the members here and that you do posess a fair amount of knowledge about this game, but I have also seen you give poor advice and misinformation regarding the hacking and hybriding of this game and it's contents. That Builders cup was open to the best hybriders on the planet...and before I even bothered to register at this site, I never even heard of you. Although I did see my name posted and quoted in posts here before I even joined. I don't make a point to compete with others. I just came here to help, But if you think you know more about hybriding the GT series of games than I do, you are incorrect.
lol, sorry about the rant. In short, I don't think you have the skills to outbuild the GTH crew or Feng racers that participated in that contest.

Originally posted by Mr Chaos
It is ashame that, that particular contest is no longer running. But if you think you could have hung with the pros Famine, it would have been interesting to have seen you pop in and try. I am not here in any attempt to embarrass you or anyone else here. I do see that you are helpful to the members here and that you do posess a fair amount of knowledge about this game, but I have also seen you give poor advice and misinformation regarding the hacking and hybriding of this game and it's contents. That Builders cup was open to the best hybriders on the planet...and before I even bothered to register at this site, I never even heard of you. Although I did see my name posted and quoted in posts here before I even joined. I don't make a point to compete with others. I just came here to help, But if you think you know more about hybriding the GT series of games than I do, you are incorrect.
lol, sorry about the rant. In short, I don't think you have the skills to outbuild the GTH crew or Feng racers that participated in that contest.

Yes, I WAS joking (the smilie was the clue). But never mind.

We have something in common at least - before you registered here, I'd never heard of you either.

Unlike some members I don't make a habit of flouncing around the forums proclaiming that I am the best at anything - I just pass on what I know as best I can. If you think I think I know more than you ( :odd: ) about hybriding the GT series of games than you do, you are incorrect - I have no idea what you know. You have a vague idea what I know, because of the guide I wrote to help people. If you spend some time reading my posts you'll see that not only am I helpful enough to have got the GTP's "Most Helpful" award for this year (after only 3 months on the site) and, in general, arrogance is absent from my posts. Although I will point to my credit in mk's GT3gEdit programme.

Oh, and I know nothing about hacking. Never have. Will never claim to have.

Now can we quit the pissing contest and leave it out?

Wha? Famine made a joke and you come in with this?
It is ashame that, that particular contest is no longer running. But if you think you could have hung with the pros Famine, it would have been interesting to have seen you pop in and try.... That Builders cup was open to the best hybriders on the planet...and before I even bothered to register at this site, I never even heard of you. Although I did see my name posted and quoted in posts here before I even joined. I don't make a point to compete with others..... In short, I don't think you have the skills to outbuild the GTH crew or Feng racers that participated in that contest.
Can anyone say "Massive Over-Inflated Ego"?

Master GT3 Hybrider
When you come to a new site, as you did, a few people may have heard of you, but the vast majority won't have a clue as to who you are. I've never seen any of your work. Can I get an example of one of you fantastic GT3 hybrids?

* I make no claims to be a great hybrid builder.

Famine WROTE a post and I could tell he was being a little sarcastic.
Chaos, you should sit back and chill once in a while.

PS
What about judging on realism as well. That could be a new a category.

Shouldn't the 911 and Diablo be excluded from the contest due to the fact that they are not available on the pal disc, so our European participants will be able to judge every car.

Er the Stratos' are only available in NTSC too aren't they?

Sorry if i'm wrong and it's only in the Japanese version or something...

Back