Here's the Full Forza Horizon 4 Map (Covered in Snow)

I wonder If the representation of how things are here in Edinburgh are accurate. The roads are horrendous. 'Look mate I just got this Senna in Horizon 4 but I can't use it because the tyres have multiple bulges in them'

The map looks definitely bigger, not double the size maybe but atleast 20% bigger. look at the down left and down right part, there is more land and more roads.
map_1742.jpg

forza-horizon-4-winter-map.jpg

It looks big enough. Not sure why people say it's small. It's about the same size as Horizon 3, and it has a huge highway too for all your supercar needs.

Winter looks difficult AND fun. I hope the dirt tires will automatically be changed into snow tires like in Horizon 3's Blizzard Mountain expansion 'cause I always select dirt tires no matter what the car... Unless they get nerfed and weakened to oblivion.

No London, or am I going blind?

I don't think London was ever intended to be included since the map is a selection of the best Scottish and English scenery mushed together.

To me it looks like FH3's map has more landmass width in the top, whereas FH4 makes up for that in the lower left area. So it seems about right to say it's roughly the same size, but I'm sensing less empty filler space compared to the old map.

I don't think London was ever intended to be included since the map is a selection of the best Scottish and English scenery mushed together.

Fair enough. I reckon Broadway near the faux Thames may include some of the landmarks from London, though.

I just don't like the concept of there being just one city, but I know most won't mind that!

Indeed, and they always announced the game as set in "historical Britain" so I think the skyscrapers and modern buildings from Surfer's Paradise are traded in for some medieval castles and structures, even for Edinsburough. Which in my opinion is a good thing, FH3 is still fresh in mind and some variety certainly won't hurt. They can always pick a skyscraper city for FH5 again.

I replayed a bit of FH2 this weekend and even though the map is smaller, I was again amazed by its sheer beauty! For pure atmosphere and setting I don't think FH4's map will beat the one from FH2 for me personally. I think I'm just way too spoiled by that Southern European holiday feeling, the rocky cliffs, the palm trees, the architure, the switchback roads in the mountains, it was all so perfect.

And seriously, the handling in FH2 is a ton better than in FH3. FH2's cars stick better to the ground and they don't go floating off like paper like they do in FH3. Let's hope for FH4 the handling is improved over FH3.

To me it looks like FH3's map has more landmass width in the top, whereas FH4 makes up for that in the lower left area. So it seems about right to say it's roughly the same size, but I'm sensing less empty filler space compared to the old map.

To add to that, judging by what we've seen so far, there's also much more verticality to the map. That will help the impression of size, too!

This isn't just a chance for me to show off how awful I am at MS Paint, but to make a comparison between the maps of FH2 and FH3. I've marked the undrivable parts of both maps in red. I didn't bother with anything outside the map, or the cities, just the interior parts of the map that aren't accessible.

FH2

FH3

As you can see, about 40% of the FH2 map you can't even drive on. Probably less than 10% of the FH3 map is inaccessible. People say they feel like the map to FH2 is larger, but that's an illusion based on the fact that you need to go around huge swaths of the map to get anywhere. It takes longer to get there because you can't straight shot it like nearly all of the FH3 map. You may say "it's all just fields and forest" but I genuinely enjoy those parts of the map. I spend most of my time in the Outback because it's desolate and harshly beautiful. It needs to be as open as it is or it loses it's reality and my suspension of disbelief. It's just my opinion (obviously) but I'd rather have a map that isn't just larger, but has more driveable area as well.

I feel on the new FH4 Winter map there maybe more to be shown South and maybe North West that they are not giving away yet. It just looks like they continue somehow and not edged off/finished, although any expansions they tend to do a Hub to go to a new area so I don't think it would be DLC.

So far I am very happy with the content of cars and this size map which is fully covered with a good mix of gradients and road surfaces. I am still finding my way around FH1/2/3 with plenty of roads and cars still to use and choose from 2 years on. If the map is too large they tend to infill and it can then take 45 mins to drive to different areas etc

I also really like the idea of changing your car/vehicle anytime on the fly, rather than going back to the auto show. This is great. I hope they add more fast travel points (free) as well.

I also have a funny feeling motor bikes / off road bikes may come in a way of DLC at some point now they have built them in to the game.

I heard a good amount of people concerned that hypercars would be unusable in the Winter. From the looks of it, quite a few roads will be clear of snow, which is pretty nice to see.
This isn't just a chance for me to show off how awful I am at MS Paint, but to make a comparison between the maps of FH2 and FH3. I've marked the undrivable parts of both maps in red. I didn't bother with anything outside the map, or the cities, just the interior parts of the map that aren't accessible.

FH2
-snip-

FH3
-snip-

As you can see, about 40% of the FH2 map you can't even drive on. Probably less than 10% of the FH3 map is inaccessible. People say they feel like the map to FH2 is larger, but that's an illusion based on the fact that you need to go around huge swaths of the map to get anywhere. It takes longer to get there because you can't straight shot it like nearly all of the FH3 map. You may say "it's all just fields and forest" but I genuinely enjoy those parts of the map. I spend most of my time in the Outback because it's desolate and harshly beautiful. It needs to be as open as it is or it loses it's reality and my suspension of disbelief. It's just my opinion (obviously) but I'd rather have a map that isn't just larger, but has more driveable area as well.
Wow, thanks for these maps. Just for refrence, can you make one for Horizon 1 as well?

That would be a very red map as Horizon 1 had very little drivable off-road terrain.
That’s why I didn’t bother with it. Other than the roads themselves, the only open areas are Red Rocks, the ranch in the SW corner, the warehouse area in Carson, the industrial area up north, the mining ghost town, the housing area east of the main festival, and the golf course. About 90% of the map would be red. But I can still put one together tonight. I was going to repost the FH2 map anyway since I remembered a couple other undrivable areas I hadn’t put in the first version.

Back