Heusinkveld pedal with PS4 held needed quick.

• Thread starter Wagz
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind.
I am basically slowly upgrading my ts300rs a component at a time. When I do that, I get the best I can talk myself into. Eventually I'll end up with a direct drive 8020 rig. And currently I'm on PS4. I was going to buy a V3 pedal set with a drivehub. I talked myself into going for the Heusinkveld Sprints. Ive b been trying to buy Heusinkveld pedals and they are always sold out. They were out of stock and suddenly they were in stock when I checked a little later., I impulsed bought them, and it hit me I dont know if they'll work. I assumed a drivehub would allow them to work with PS4. Research is showing they may not work. There is some information about a beta 17 fix on a chronusmax forum. But it is vague. I already ordered these $700+ pedals with mount plate from the Netherlands. I can probably cancel the order but as I somehow managed to order them when they are always out of stock-I want to be sure they will or will not work. Obviously I need to know this quickly and really would appreciate any information. I know, I'm an idiot.

https://heusinkveld.com/products/sim-pedals/sim-pedals-sprint/?v=7516fd43adaa

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/192557-Heusinkveld-Sprint-Pedals-supported

Thank you in advance,

Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind.
I am basically slowly upgrading my ts300rs a component at a time. When I do that, I get the best I can talk myself into. Eventually I'll end up with a direct drive 8020 rig. And currently I'm on PS4. I was going to buy a V3 pedal set with a drivehub. I talked myself into going for the Heusinkveld Sprints. Ive b been trying to buy Heusinkveld pedals and they are always sold out. They were out of stock and suddenly they were in stock when I checked a little later., I impulsed bought them, and it hit me I dont know if they'll work. I assumed a drivehub would allow them to work with PS4. Research is showing they may not work. There is some information about a beta 17 fix on a chronusmax forum. But it is vague. I already ordered these $700+ pedals with mount plate from the Netherlands. I can probably cancel the order but as I somehow managed to order them when they are always out of stock-I want to be sure they will or will not work. Obviously I need to know this quickly and really would appreciate any information. I know, I'm an idiot.

https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/192557-Heusinkveld-Sprint-Pedals-supported

Thank you in advance,
Why don't ask Heusinkveld support? Just write an email to Heusinkveld.

It seems that someone answered your question on Reddit saying that the Sprint pedals work with the drivehub on the PS4.

https://www.consoletuner.com/products/titan-two/

Last edited:
So-I got a response from "the guy" at Collective minds last night. To quote-"Yes, they work. I have a set and they work great." I asked if he was using a PS4 and if it is a specific patch- "just the latest f/w." I also found this while searching, found a guy in a forum who is using them on PS4 with drivehub.

So the pedals and drivehub are on the way, bought the baseplate with the pedals too

I wonder how this works. Do have to connect the pedals and a wheel to the DriveHub and the DriveHub to the PS4? Are the pedals and wheel connected to the DriveHub recognized as one controller in the game, e.g. GT Sport?

drivehub_2_noborder.png

I also wonder if you still have 16bit resolution when connecting the Heusinkveld pedals to the DriveHub. Probably not and in that case, such expensive pedals is a waste of money and literally overkill.

I just contacted Heusinkveld with this question > 16bit, DriveHub, etc. Let us hope they answer.

Last edited:
I got an answer from Heusinkveld and they linked me to the video which is posted above. It could well be that using a DriveHub with Heusinkveld pedals could void the warranty. I asked them a few minutes ago and have to wait for an answer.

Informative video. No, I probably will not have 16bit. That doesn't concern me right now. This is a recent console purchase, where I just itch to play some madden and a few others when I'm lounging.

Remembering how much I loved GT years back I purchased sport. Hooked again. Bought Asetto corsa and PC2. Controller wasn't good bought a G29, notchy, took it back. T300 instead. Desk no good, got an apex stand. You get the idea.

So this is a console buy that turned into a sim obsession. Haven't touched any other games in a month. Within no time I realized I need an 8020 rig, DD, good pedals, PC, Monitors etc.

Been improving steadily, but I get no feel and consistency from the T3PA pedals. This is what I wanted to upgrade first. Was going to get V3s, talked myself into these, and then be done with pedals for when I upgrade everything else.

So next, quickly is ab 8020 rig as my wheelstand is going to take off when I mash the pedals. Going with simlab to be done with that too.

It's a process I'm sure you all are too familiar with.

Thanks for help.

Fast laps.

Hey, I recently made the same choice and got myself an upgrade (Heusinkveld Sprint + Fanatec wheel). Used the Playseat until now and found all the rigs from simlab etc. very expensive for what they are. So I just ordered aluminium profils and will build everything myself (Well, a friend of mine has done it, I just copy his setup). Don't even need the baseplate for the pedals because they will be mounted directly on the rig. Can get all material for the rig for around 350€ (in a nice black color also, not the standard alu-profil grey) plus a FIA approved seat for 300€. So i ended up around half of what the preconfigured rigs cost...

Hello,

I am in a bit of a bind.

Thank you in advance,

Hey, I'm in the same situation. PS4, Drivehub, DD1 PS4, Sprint pedals. Did you end up getting it all working properly?

Hey,

Jumping on the back of this thread. (a Year later) I am in the same position, F1 Podium and Heusinkveld pedals wanting to use on PS5.

Did any of you get an outcome what works? Does the titan two make them compatible ?

Thanks all

Back