Hey Guys! Got a New Question!!!

• Thread starter FutureBoy2
  • 22 comments
I have the best car in GT1,but everyone of those stinking cars keeps passing me buy,I was so angry I threw my dual anolog against the wall and smashed it to itti bittie pieces. Where did I go wrong here, I have the GTO TwinTurbo with everything I could get, can you help. Mabey someone here could give me a hint or two as to get the right mod's for my car. it would be much appreciated!!

FutureBoy2
I have the best car in GT1,but everyone of those stinking cars keeps passing me buy,I was so angry I threw my dual anolog against the wall and smashed it to itti bittie pieces. Where did I go wrong here, I have the GTO TwinTurbo with everything I could get, can you help. Mabey someone here could give me a hint or two as to get the right mod's for my car. it would be much appreciated!!

Please say its the LM in yellow that costs a ridiculous amount of money....

My favourite car in the game was actually the subaru impreza rally car in black with the yellow decals!

barryl85
My favourite car in the game was actually the subaru impreza rally car in black with the yellow decals!
I think you want this thread. ;)

FutureBoy2
Since you bought everything for your car, go to the test track and fiddle around with the full customization transmission until your car has a good top speed.

Practice practice practice. That and knowing the tracks really well is important. And as Neon said, messing with the gears will get you a higher top speed, but don't set your boost gauge too high cuz on certain tracks you'll encounter mad turbo lag in the corners. What race series are you having problems with?

Last edited:
The GTO Twin Turbo is supposed to be the fastest car in the game, that is have the best acceleration and highest top speed at over 400 KM/h but when racing on the tracks you won't reach that speed. So you need to adjust the settings according to the track you are racing on.

Parnelli Bone
Practice practice practice. That and knowing the tracks really well is important.

It's no good having the fastest car available in the game if you can't drive it and don't know the track you are racing on.

FutureBoy2

LOL I KNOW HOW U FEEL I PULLED MY WIRES OUT OF MY CONTROLLER WEN PALAYIN GT2 IT PEES ME OFF SOMETIMES.
WHAT COMPETITION R U STUK ON?

Escudo99
LOL I KNOW HOW U FEEL I PULLED MY WIRES OUT OF MY CONTROLLER WEN PALAYIN GT2 IT PEES ME OFF SOMETIMES.
WHAT COMPETITION R U STUK ON?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUDDING???????????? Also, did you happen to notice that whoever posted this thread never answered back? That this was posted way back in June? I don't think FutureBoy2 is gonna reply to this, is what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
WHY ARE YOU SHOUDDING???????????? Also, did you happen to notice that whoever posted this thread never answered back? That this was posted way back in June? I don't think FutureBoy2 is gonna reply to this, is what i'm getting at.

:dunce:

Escudo99

I know this is an older thread, but what a great topic. Throwing your controller is not good...lol. Ive done it so many times over the years I lost count. No wonder the experts say that sony games will throw children into epilectic fits. Hell Im an adult and Ive reached the edge of one many times...lmgdao. Ive had to put back together more than one controller in my sony lifetime...lolol

God my ex-wife used to get so mad at me when I would start cursing at the television..she would say my god your rediculous...its just a game...in which my response would be, well why in the hell would anyone make something so *&^%$# hard to beat. It musta been made by women just to piss us men off....lolololol

Hey? Maybe thats why she's my ex wife eh?....lmgdao

Fortunatly for me my new girlfriend just ignores me and shuts the door...lolol she rocks!!!!!

I will say one thing for my X though. She used to get into my final fantasy games and sit and watch me play and help me....highly unusual behavior from a women. Hell she's the one that bought me my first sony with the final fantasy VII game for my birthday. 👍

Yeah it is a great topic. So many New Members show up here and post a question, then you never hear from them again! It's like did they read our response or not? know what I mean?

I'm proud to say I've thrown my controller only two or three times...and I still had enough rationality to throw it into a pillow at the time. I learned my lesson way back in the 80's when I was 14 and smashed my Atari joystick into my mom's American Doll collection, then had to come up with the money to buy a new frickin' joystick! Hey back then, $8.99 was a lot of cash to a grass-mowing nerd.

I can see chicks liking the later Final Fantasy games...they have a lot of slow, romantic cut-away scenes and beautiful effects. The last girl I dated hated videogames except she LOVED the Sims. It actually got me into the Sims for awhile (well, a combination of her and some high-grade smokeables got me into the Sims) but after a month I came to my senses. Hey, I'm playing DOLL HOUSE! :P

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Yeah it is a great topic. So many New Members show up here and post a question, then you never hear from them again! It's like ‘did they read our response or not?” know what i mean?

I'm proud to say i've thrown my controller only two or three times...and i still had enough rationality to throw it into a pillow at the time. I learned my lesson way back in the 80's when i was 14 and smashed my Atari joystick into my mom's American Doll collection, then had to come up with the money to buy a new frickin' joystick! Hey back then, $8.99 was alot of cash to a grass-mowing nerd.

I can see chicks liking the later Final FAntasy games...they have alot of slow, romantic cut-away scenes and beautiful effects. The last girl i dated hated videogames except she LOVED the Sims. It actually got me into teh Sims for awhile (well, a combination of her and some high-grade smokeables got me into the Sims) but after a month i came to my senses. “Hey, i'm playing DOLL HOUSE!” :P

Lmgdmfao....parnelli you got me rolling with the $8.99 grass mowing nerd comment....You just brought back a monster load of memories man... The Atari...yea I broke a few of those sticks off if i remember correctly...lol

Right now im sittin here thinking about how I used to think the Atari was it man. Pole Position was the king of all race games...and Night driver ran a close second..remember when the cars would pass you ..... Beep Beep ...lmgdao and space invaders Dunt Dunt Dunt Dunt Dunt Dunt ahahahahahahaah!

You know I think the same sound effect was in Asteroids too. I remember whenever Atari came out with a new game..me and my brother would pester my parents to death until they went and bought it. I think we had them all.

Shoot, when the Nintendo came out I was so astonished I remember thinking OMG we've reached the end of technology. The end of the world must be right around the corner...lolol.

We think our kids have it made...can you imagine what kind of technology will be here when they have kids? Welcome to the Sony Playstation Portable Holodeck. Where you are Cloud and have to save the world from shinra...lol.

Off the subject - I was on a site where this dude was saying that different colored prize cars in GT1 is just bull and then he goes on to list the color cars that you do win. You know, the normal purple and yellow and blue and stuff on most cars. But Im telling you right now, that I have different color cars in my garage as I type...like supposedly you can only get a silver Nissan Nismo GTR-LM on the R11 enduro race. But in my garage right now I have a solid white one with blue decals that I won.
I sent him an email to telling him he was full of it.

I spent tons of time with that Atari 2600, and I also had Pole Position! I don't remember it at all. I had an Activision game called Enduro, which I do remember. You were driving a 2D car towards the horizon. The road was nothing but 2 lines which either went straight, right, or left but there was no scenery. After 5 minutes of this mind-numbing nonsense, the sky starts to get dark. The color changes were actually pretty stunning...kinda looks a bit like the sky & sunset over Deep Forest.

Eventually, you're driving in total darkness and the cars your racing against become red taillights. Then the sun comes back up...

But yea, I had all those games...Adventure, Space invaders, Missle command, Pac Man, Frogger, Dark Chambers (Atari 7800), Superman, ET, Haunted House, Tunnel Runner...I even had a game called Mind Master in which there were 3 parts, and each part required that you load the next portion of the game via hooking up a cassette tape to your 2600 and pressing play till the game was loaded up. I bet that's super-rare and worth about 30 cents today..

Remember Swordquest? this was supposed to be a 4 part series of Atari games that had clues in a comic book supplied with the game. There was Earthworld, Waterworld, Fireworld, and Airworld. I got the first one but the other 3 never were released because Atari kaput as Intellivision and Colecovision took over..that was the rumor, anyways.

But yeah, I agree...when the NES came out, I was so blown away. Ha ha! I got a sword gamed called Faxanadu. I was in my early 20's by then (I gave up videogames for awhile).

I think in the future, eventually videogames won't look cartoonish anymore. instead, they'll look like actual movies and photographs. And by the time we're old & gray, they'll have actual 3D games that you play on a table (kinda like that holographic chess game in the first Star Wars movie).

Last edited:
HYBRIDLVR
Say's Who? :dopey:

There it is, Westvaxen...a gold Copperhead. How did you get it, HYBRIDLVR? (I think I already know the answer....)

Last edited:
westvatexan
But in my garage right now I have a solid white one with blue decals that I won. I sent him an email to telling him he was full of it.
Sure, you can win a silver Nismo GT-R LM and race-mod it to be either bluish or pinkish (similar to the one you can buy). But when you win it, it's unmodified and silver.

And Pitstop II was better than Pole Position.

SportWagon
Sure, you can win a silver Nismo GT-R LM and race-mod it to be either bluish or pinkish (similar to the one you can buy). But when you win it, it's unmodified and silver.

And Pitstop II was better than Pole Position.

Hey man you are absolutely correct...I just went and looked and I guess I must have modified it after i got it and didnt remember it...But still never the less...what about the other cars I have...now they definately have not been modified or anything I have different color won cars like I have a won burgandy DB7..supposed to only be white, purple, and orange. I also have a dark burgandy skyline That I won...Plus let me ask ya something...I won a Bright Baby Blue RZ is that normal?

Hey Parnelli that copperhead looks yellow to me...Remember I said I couldnt get one?....well I finally got one tonight...Its funny, everytime I cant get something or like when I couldnt pass test...all I had to do is post here and walla...it comes to pass...lolol This site is posessed...lolol

westvatexan
Hey Parnelli that copperhead looks yellow to me...Remember I said I couldnt get one?....well I finally got one tonight...Its funny, everytime I cant get something or like when I couldnt pass test...all I had to do is post here and walla...it comes to pass...lolol This site is posessed...lolol

I tried asking this site if I could have a Swedish blonde and a half million in the bank. So far it never worked.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Yeah, i tried asking this site if i could have a Swedish blonde and a half million in the bank. So far it never worked.

Well be careful, cuz this site has a sense of humor and it might give you a 400lb brunette and 1.98 cents.

Well man, something else weird is going on now. Last night I was letting my daughter race some of my cars on the easier races. I told here which ones i wanted her to race..so I could get certain prize cars and stuff...I had her race the FF race because I needed certain colors of the prize cars...but when she won...she got a yellow lancer...i was like HUH?....you win that car on the 4WD race, not the FF. So I had her do it again...and bingo, dame thing another yellow lancer...And now that I think about it..It was the Mega race that I got the Baby Blue RZ on...I thought I was just mistakin...but I remember it. Now after this happened..I realized That maybe Im not nuts...i think there's a ghost in my sony man...cuz this stuff isnt supposed to happen, different color cars, winning cars on the wrong tracks...

Im starting to think that it works more like this: When you win races...I think its going by percentages...like if you win the 4WD race..there's 50% chance you will win a lancer..and 30% chance you win the other car. But maybe theres a rare chace..like 5% or even 1% youll win this car or that car...what do you think? Think its possible? 💡

westvatexan
Well be careful, cuz this site has a sense of humor and it might give you a 400lb brunette and 1.98 cents.

Well man, something else weird is going on now. Last night I was letting my daughter race some of my cars on the easier races. I told here which ones i wanted her to race..so I could get certain prize cars and stuff...I had her race the FF race because I needed certain colors of the prize cars...but when she won...she got a yellow lancer...i was like HUH?....you win that car on the 4WD race, not the FF. So I had her do it again...and bingo, dame thing another yellow lancer...And now that I think about it..It was the Mega race that I got the Baby Blue RZ on...I thought I was just mistakin...but I remember it. Now after this happened..I realized That maybe Im not nuts...i think there's a ghost in my sony man...cuz this stuff isnt supposed to happen, different color cars, winning cars on the wrong tracks...

Im starting to think that it works more like this: When you win races...I think its going by percentages...like if you win the 4WD race..there's 50% chance you will win a lancer..and 30% chance you win the other car. But maybe theres a rare chace..like 5% or even 1% youll win this car or that car...what do you think? Think its possible? 💡

I think it's possible your Playstation is possessed by a demon. You'd better get an exorcist :D

westvatexan
Using a GameShark Pro I once tracked down the in-memory tables which show which prizes you get, and that confirmed all net wisdom about the prizes. I can, and occasionally have, confirmed the colours by arranging for the car to be viewed in the place of a "special model".

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-11-17.html
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2000-10-26.html

etc.

As a prize for the Normal Series, a babyish blue Supra RZ is well-known, although a little rare. You can win a Toyota Soarer from the the Mega-Speed series, in purple, yellow or red-orange.

As a pattern, the prizes for the "restricted" B-license series of races match the eligibility requirements for each race; even though they match eligible models, a glitch in the game prevents you from entering the Lightweight prizes into the series however. :( So I'm very skeptical your daughter won the Lancer from the FF series; it should be either a CRX (yellow, black or blue) or a Celica (yellow, green or purple). What car was she driving?

Perhaps your disk or PlayStation is glitched somehow, but it seems unlikely you'd get a glitch which affects prize cars without having the game at least sometimes completely malfunction in other ways.

As to "burgundy", I would guess that's a combination of TV colour adjustment and personal preferences in the naming of reddish colours.

Similarly, I vote for the USvsUK prize Concept Car being yellow, not gold. In contrast, there is a Eunos Roadster you can win from the Lightweight Series which is really gold.

Back