Hey look, cheating AI

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
So, it's known that the AI in GT games sometimes cheats, like the random Vector in the Trial Mountain endurance in GT2. Well, apparently the AI in FM4 can do similar things. If you go to the event list and look at the opponents for the Tuners of Japan Speedway event, you'll notice two RMR Genesi listed as R3797. Well, you can't actually tune that car up that far. Max tuned is 714.

Awesome.

Would hardly call that cheating.

Cheating A.I is A.I that defy physics and drive cars faster than is actually possible.

Having a car tuned higher than normal but still within the restrictions isn't cheating.

Well, it's kinda defining the laws of physics. Although, to be fair the Hyundai's were dead last in the races....it's still annoying to see over tuned cars.

SuperShouden
Well, it's kinda defining the laws of physics. Although, to be fair the Hyundai's were dead last in the races....it's still annoying to see over tuned cars.

Over tuned cars can be a reality why shouldnt the game be any different?

In answer to the op I havent encountered cheating ai.

Neither have I. That 'cheat' is clearly a typo if the cars in question always come last, surely?

All AI cheat.

Look in a FPS game, they know where you are even if you are behind a wall.

And people complain when players use aimbots, these AI are real aimbots that are supplied with the game, only more annoying.

Also that Vector was not really a cheat but a bug in GT2 NTSC v1.0 v1.1 fixed most of these issues.
But this bug never affected PAL versions which were v2.0.

Grayfox
All AI cheat.

Look in a FPS game, they know where you are even if you are behind a wall.

And people complain when players use aimbots, these AI are real aimbots that are supplied with the game, only more annoying.

Thats fps games what about racing I havent encountered cheating in racing games.

In GT1 the AI got 45second qualify lap(Autumn ring mini) with sub 200HP cars and even if you had the Toyota Supra which had 230HP you could not beat it, also how they could keep up with you on high speed ring.

Another one is how they could push you off the track, but when you tried it you couldn't as they were in a way "Bolted" to the track.

Thats fps games what about racing I havent encountered cheating in racing games.

Yeah, any racing game with rubberband AI has some pretty hefty AI cheating. Grid is a good example or any NFS game. In a car combat game, rubberband AI is alright. It gives you stuff to shoot at, but in any other game, it's just annoying.

Yeah Rubber banding is a definate programming no no just cant stand it especially if I fought hard for the lead makes the racing less worthwhile.

All games do 'cheat' to one degree or another, FM seems OK though, the only rubber banding is if you are hopelessly getting left behind, they do slow down, but once up to speed, you get a fair race..

Forza Horizon however.. rubber banding and AI that defy the laws of physics.. :(

The AI still shouldn't be able to upgrade the cars past what we are allowed to do..

Eks
The AI still shouldn't be able to upgrade the cars past what we are allowed to do..

This was my original point. It's cheating if their car is upgraded beyond what I can actually do. In any real life racing series, those two Hyundai's would've gotten DQed. Which, if they actually did in the game, that'd be fine. I wouldn't really care. But, since they don't, it's stupid.

A similar example happens in the Nissan Super GT-only race event: the two Nissan 350Z GT300 race cars controlled by the AI can hit the target 875/R2 class PI target, but the player can't tune his past 817/R2.

The only reason I discovered this "cheat" myself is when I was looking for something competitive for that series, "Tuners of Japan Speedway." It's pretty much catered to a few Unicorn cars, which is kinda dumb.

I know I might get flamed for this but I've always liked having the *option* of cheating AI in any kind of game (especially in FPS). But they should only start openly cheating at the very top difficulty levels. I would have adored cheating AI in GT5, where the only difficulty was "really, really easy" which made Seasonals pretty boring unless you nerf your car like crazy. FM4's Pro AI is a good challenge for now but maybe later I'll want something more...

I can see wanting an AI level that's more ruthless than Schumacher and just as fast :) That way you always have another AI to challenge you and the game never gets boring. (I still have an eMac that can run the first Unreal Tournament and I love that - Masterful is pretty comfortable but I could always turn it up to Godlike if I wanted to get slaughtered.)

Last edited:
Seriously, you want REALLY cheating AI play a NFS game or any racing game with rubberband AI and NO POWER UPS. You'll think you have a nice lead, and then, out of no where, you'll get passed. GRID is a great game for this. It's even better when the AI crashes and that same AI is right on your butt at the end of the race.

About FPSes, they have to have "cheating" or "aimbotting" A.I. because there really is no other way to program A.I. to "lock on" to you. This is completely preventable in FM4. Instead of allowing the A.I. to go beyond player boundaries, just drop the car(s) from the race.

After all, this is a sim right? :sly:

Mario Kart Wii is the single worst offender when it comes to rubberbanding and item spam - you're cruising along in first for 2 laps... and then here comes two blue shells. Despite this... I used to love the online portion of it, just like I used to care for GT5's online...

Haven't seen Forza's 'cheating' AI myself, but whenever I do pick up a X360 (sometime soon, actually) I'll be sure to look.

^ I agree on Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart used to be a much more balanced game, eg. MK64. The endless waves of wide-effect items in MKWii can really spin the experience for everyone, but I guess that's the point.

SuperShouden
Well, it's kinda defining the laws of physics.

No, it doesn't. They're still bound equally by the same laws. They just have upgrades not available to you. A friend's dad has a 1982 Mustang with 920+ horsepower. Even if I don't have upgrades to bring a Mustang up to 920+, his car still isn't defying physics. He just has parts that I don't.

Last edited:
This is odd perhaps, but not cheating. The AI still can't go past the maximum PI, and there is really no way to say that it's physics breaking.

Back