Hey Pako and other bass fans!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke
  • 6 comments
  • 717 views

Duke

Keep 'em separated
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,344
United States
Midlantic Area
Messages
GTP_Duke
9 minutes of Ox Entwhistle Alembic goodness.

I don't know the back story, but it appears to be an isolated channel off the board feed during a sound check for Won't Get Fooled Again. With video - maybe a cutting room clip from Kids Are Alright?
 
👍 I'll have to have a look at that, cheers.
 
👍 Yeah I caught that clip a couple of months ago. Great tone, and great recording for the age. Someone took a line level signal from the board no doubt. The cool part is that he can play the song and the licks WITHOUT the band. That is extremely hard to do on bass as we normally follow the melody lines of the guitar (or other melody driven instruments). Thanks for sharing!!!
 
The cool part is that he can play the song and the licks WITHOUT the band. That is extremely hard to do on bass as we normally follow the melody lines of the guitar (or other melody driven instruments).
Well, I think the band is also playing but because it's from the board you can barely hear a bit of the organ riff and an occasional bit of guitar. Also, Daltrey is there too and I assume he's not just standing around. I watched it again and I'm fairly certain that this is a second-camera clip that was shot for The Kids Are Alright.
 
Well..that makes more sense. ;)

How cool is it to have such a great bass recording. You know...it's common to see the guitarist sucking up all the lime light until the cancer rots their skin off, hey it's their job, but you hardly ever hear the bass solo'ed out like that. Besides, it makes it easier to steel some chops. :lol:
 
Wow, that looks OK, considering the age of the video. Definitely hard to find something else (sound recording or video) that's similar to that.
Does anyone know where to find a saveable source for that? I want to keep that gem.
 
Back