Hey Sport-Convince Me !

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 16 comments
United States
U.S.A.
I've completed over the years GT3-GT4-GT5, but never purchased GT6 mainly cause I was still busy completing all career modes through GT5. I'll add here that I don't know what all the negative fuss was about in GT5 coming out after GT4 , cause not being a big online fan and being that my interest was more geared to career mode play, replays, photo mode, car collecting, track building, modding, and the like, I've enjoyed them all very much so far, cause after all, ya must admit they're just a game right ? Anyway, since reading all the posts about GTS being mostly geared to online play with a lack of career mode, the GT$ that might be needed for all the various stuff, and some of those really bad kiddie drivers, please convince me why I should open up my pocketbook for this new version ?

Based on your list of interests this game may not be for you. The only game that comes close to fulfilling that list would be Forza Motorsport. If you are not an Xbox fan then you may have to choose among several offerings on the PS4 in order to find what you want.

Based on your list of interests this game may not be for you. The only game that comes close to fulfilling that list would be Forza Motorsport. If you are not an Xbox fan then you may have to choose among several offerings on the PS4 in order to find what you want.

Except that Forza is very weak on both replays and photo mode which the OP listed as important.

Being limited to 10 replays IN TOTAL (at least in FM6) means you have a very limited amount of photo source material

Also, the FM6 camera is very poor. They downgraded from 8.3 megapixels, and it's not graduated with f-stops and exposure times like a real camera

Maybe FM7 will be better, but I would not put money on it

Except that Forza is very weak on both replays and photo mode which the OP listed as important.

Being limited to 10 replays IN TOTAL (at least in FM6) means you have a very limited amount of photo source material

Also, the FM6 camera is very poor. They downgraded from 8.3 megapixels, and it's not graduated with f-stops and exposure times like a real camera

Maybe FM7 will be better, but I would not put money on it
That's why I said comes close. If you go through the list of features he is looking for then Forza Motorsport ticks off more boxes than any other game as far as I can tell.

Don't worry about the crash kids

"GT Sport’s driver rating system will be based on two indices: Driver Class and Sportsmanship Points. Driver Class will represent the overall speed of the player and how well they perform in races. Sportsmanship Points will keep track of the player’s behavior and manners on-track."

“These two scores will affect your driver rating. For example, if your Sportsmanship Points go down because you have been driving very rough in some races, you will only be matched with other players who drive rough on-track. On the other side of the spectrum, people who run clean races, will be matched with other clean drivers,” Kazunori explained."
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...hmaking-system-sportsmanship-points-detailed/

Don't worry about the crash kids

"GT Sport’s driver rating system will be based on two indices: Driver Class and Sportsmanship Points. Driver Class will represent the overall speed of the player and how well they perform in races. Sportsmanship Points will keep track of the player’s behavior and manners on-track."

“These two scores will affect your driver rating. For example, if your Sportsmanship Points go down because you have been driving very rough in some races, you will only be matched with other players who drive rough on-track. On the other side of the spectrum, people who run clean races, will be matched with other clean drivers,” Kazunori explained."
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...hmaking-system-sportsmanship-points-detailed/
In the beta it was still possible for drivers to maintain high ratings while being dirty. A driver rating system is only as good as the algorithm behind it and if it allows you to have two or three incidents and still maintain a good rating then you are still going to be faced with some rough racing even at the highest levels.

If I was TC, I'd look at PCARS 2. Doesn't have customization like GT games, but if you like racecars, an incredible track list, and an in-depth career mode with adjustable AI difficulty, then I'd say PCARS 2 will have more replay value for you than GTS.

Please sell me on Gran Turismo Sport, uh okay.

It's Gran Turismo, you'll get $60 of fun out of it.
$60 will buy you many months (or years) of decent racing, or two movie tickets.

Done.

If you're still unsure, rent it for $3 then decide.

Back