Hi All........

• Thread starter osrg
  • 6 comments

osrg

Chasing Ghosts
Premium
osrg/GTP_osrg
oosrg
Hi guys, just purchased a 2nd hand copy of FC late yesterday afternoon (Australian Time) after lurking in here for the last month or so and also digging my way through the 10 Reasons thread in the Prologue forum....... I've been on Prologue for a year solid (roughly a Division 2 Silver/Gold pace i estimate in terms of overall speed.) and it's just becoming a little stale.

Impressions, they'll be short at the moment as i really only had an hour to put in and am writing this at 5.30am the following morning before i go to work..... so back to the initial impressions:

WOW.

Very Deep in terms of Physics, a lot of movement under brakes and the let go when you push into understeer is excellent.... the car behaves totally different to GT5:P which is actually a good thing as to me personally it shows how sterile the handling characteristics are of the cars in GT5:P. I know we are talking about mainly road cars vs race cars, but it's still blatently obvoius to see and feel.

It's certainly a title that requires much more patience and time to adapt, rather than the jump in and go fast aspect that i found with GT5:P.

In the hour last night i really only spent time at Monza Time Trialling in the F430 chasing the 1'51.000 record........ after running with ABS, TC and SC at 1 (it's embarrassing to admit that :ouch:) i'm at a 1'52.9xx.... so thats ok progress so far i feel.

I'm yet to settle on a FF and sevsitivity setting with my wheel (DFGT) that i'm happy with (currently medium pedal and steering, and low FF.... i have a fine touch what can i say!!) but i'm satisfied at the moment.

Anyway, enough blabbering.... i hope to make good progress in the coming weeks and see you guys online soon!

Steve

Glad you're enjoying it so far osg! I think you'll find a lot of us in this section are still very much GT fans like yourself, who have become a bit bored of endlessly running the same tracks over and over again. There are many things Ferrari Challenge does well. And there are other things where it falls short--all of which have effectively been covered in the 10 reasons why thread.

But I always find after spending a few days in GT5P, and coming back to Ferrari Challenge, after two corners, I feel like somebody just smacked me clean across the face. Hard. The game is very blatant. It's loud, it's brash and it's challenging. And I consider it a good thing. If you make a mistake, you're going to pay for it.

Don't worry about equalling the leaderboard times at Monza. It's one of 3 tracks where you can greatly increase your speed by corner cutting and the top times are not indicative of realistic (fast) lap times. Just from memory, a 1.52.9 in the F430 is not bad.

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of the F430. The 355 Challenge, 250 TR, F50, 512S & 550GT are all a LOT more fun. Opinions may vary. ;)

Hope to see you on-line soon.

I have my copy hopefully in the mailbox today so look forward racing a few people online :)

I have also lately ventured down the PC sim path and have to say there are some stunningly good sims out there that feel so very different from GT5P..

osg
Very Deep in terms of Physics, a lot of movement under brakes and the let go when you push into understeer is excellent.... the car behaves totally different to GT5:P

I know exactly what you mean, I've had FC for just over a month now & play it whenever I get a chance, I'm still in the process of unlocking/learning the tracks (only virginia raceway & mont tremblant still to unlock) so I haven't tried any online racing yet but my overall impression is that its an excellent game with more than enough going for it to keep me occupied until GT5 comes out.

Back