Hi! DFP too stiff!

• Thread starter kalamies
  • 7 comments
Hi, I just registered after lurking from shadows for the past few days. I just got enthusia today and took the DFP off my PC and set it for PS2 but then the dreadfulness of not having a proper driver where to set up my DFP showed it's ugly head. The thing is DFP is now 60% forcefeedback and the game FF is set OFF but the centering spring remains(if not anything else) and it makes turning the wheel a real chore. On PC I could turn the centering spring OFF and FF was about 20% and Live for Speed's FF setting was 80 and it was perfect: I could feel the FF but could turn the wheel and let go of it and the wheel would continue turning for at least another 90-180 degrees. The way it is now on Enthusia is pretty annoying and extremely unrealistic: I have to turn the wheel real hard when countersteering(I mainly drift you know...) but it comes back to the middle pretty easily when straightening the tires which is exactly as it shouldn't be. Furthermore: can I change the wheel to 720 degrees somehow? I've gotten used to it in LFS although I can learn 900 degrees if I get the DFP to glide like it should.

Seems it came out pretty long so I state it shortly again:
How can I set the DFP centering spring off and make it generally less stiff to turn?

Please, help me you guys are my only (and best)hope!

Welcome to GTP!
For less (or more) resistance press select+R3+left paddle shifter,
to go from 900 degrees to 180 press select+R3+right paddle shifter
and I don't know of anyway to change the rotation to 720 degrees.

If you need more information you can always go to the "Steering Wheels & Racing Cockpits" section of the forums.

Done that already, like I said my FF from DFP is set to the lower 60% but it just doesn't seem to have any effect the wheel is almost like it is with power off except for the fact that it centers automatically... I'm pretty sure there is something wrong it isn't supposed to be like that I think after talking in irc with someone who has had enthusia and DFP which worked great. But I don't know how to fix it :(

This is strange, considering that to get a realistic feeling in EPR I set my DF (not P) to strong FF.

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the wheel ?

Done that already, like I said my FF from DFP is set to the lower 60% but it just doesn't seem to have any effect the wheel is almost like it is with power off except for the fact that it centers automatically... I'm pretty sure there is something wrong it isn't supposed to be like that I think after talking in irc with someone who has had enthusia and DFP which worked great. But I don't know how to fix it :(

Do both lights work? Does it auto-calibrate?

Yeah, it works I think I put the FF to medium and it's a whole lot better although not as good as LFS but I don't think theres anything wrong with the wheel anymore.
Surprisingly I find this game like 10x harder to drift than LFS although I've heard that LFS is more realistic... I wouldn't know cause I've never really drifted a real car (well except for hiace on snow ;D). The 900 degree turning is a bit harder than 720 that I'm used to and the game is alot less forgiving for mistakes in timing of straightening the countersteering among other things and it has generally alot more grip so it's harder to initiate a drift. Another strange thing is the braking when applyinig full braking it's very easy to make the rear unstable it feels like the brakes are rear biased in every car O_o. Furthermore the fact that I can't steal other peoples settings makes it very much harder because I suck at making settings I really don't even understand what effect most settings have so it's really hard to try to learn by changing random stuff and testing :P.
Anyway the wheel case is closed, but I would appreciate any tips for setting up a drift car! :)

Back