Hi-Fi mode

• Thread starter SwitchFX
  • 21 comments
Was just reading a thread and came across that. I remembered I achieved that when I finished the game, did a race in it. Although, since it's been a good 6-7 years since I've played Gran Turismo 1, can anyone be nice enough to refresh my memory on what it was? I can't seem to be able to find it on the web either.

Right, I know something was different. I mean, at this amount of time that's passed it's easy for one to forget. Was 60 FPS even possible on the PS1?:indiff:

Also, I keep on seeing PS1 emulation software here, where can I find one. I've got a Gran Turismo 1 Disc somewhere in the garage, it'd be sweet to play it again.

I think it's boring actually. You only get to drive around a couple tracks and there are no races....it's just you driving around an empty track. And most of the background scenery is gone, too. I dug it for about 5 or 10 minutes.

I think it's boring actually. You only get to drive around a couple tracks and there are no races....it's just you driving around an empty track. And most of the background scenery is gone, too. I dug it for about 5 or 10 minutes.

Yeah it was basically crap, hardly what I'd call a bonus or reward.

Yeah it was basically crap, hardly what I'd call a bonus or reward.

I much preferred GT2's bonus: the Event Generator that randomly progams races on various tracks (including Rome Nite and many reversed tracks!) and enters 5 Ai cars according to how much power your car has. 👍 It's actually quite challenging and you never know who you'll be up against next! 👍

Was just reading a thread and came across that. I remembered I achieved that when I finished the game, did a race in it. Although, since it's been a good 6-7 years since I've played Gran Turismo 1, can anyone be nice enough to refresh my memory on what it was? I can't seem to be able to find it on the web either.
If it is 6-7 years since you last played it, you better load it up now and check if the game memorey is still on your memorey card as some people have had the experince of the memorey card wiping out the GT1 data!

I much preferred GT2's bonus: the Event Generator that randomly progams races on various tracks (including Rome Nite and many reversed tracks!) and enters 5 Ai cars according to how much power your car has. 👍 It's actually quite challenging and you never know who you'll be up against next! 👍

Where can I find this, on Disc one or two ?

Where can I find this, on Disc one or two ?

You must complete the sim disc in entirety (think that's how you spell entirety) :scared:

This means all the manufacturer's events, all the GT-League and special races...all the rallies, and endurance races.

The Event Generator then appears as a 4th page after the GT World Cup. In other words, you go to the GT Cup races....scroll from the Nationals to the Regionals...scroll from the Regionals to the World Cup. On the World cup page there will be a new arrow. Click on this and you'll find the unlocked page for Generator races. 👍

Last edited:
You must complete the sim disc in entirety. (think that's how you spell entirety) :scared:

This means all the manufacturer's events, all the GT-League and special races...all the rallies, and endurance races.

The Event Generator then appears as a 4th page after the GT World Cup. In other words, you go to the GT Cup races....scroll from the Nationals to the Regionals...scroll from the Regionals to the World Cup. On the World cup page there will be a new arrow. Click on this and you'll find the unlocked page for Generator races. 👍

Im sorry but I beleive that thats incorrect. All you have to do is complete the liscence tests. Then a new Liscene will be available "Super" Complete it than you got to gt cup races and go to the last page^^^. This is on the sim disc also known as simulation

Im sorry but I beleive that thats incorrect. All you have to do is complete the liscence tests. Then a new Liscene will be available "Super" Complete it than you got to gt cup races and go to the last page^^^. This is on the sim disc also known as simulation

Well I hope you're right as I don't hav enough time to complete the whole of Disc one.

Oops yeah you're right about that. :dunce: Complete all the licenses up to Super. You don't have to gold the licenses though...just complete them.

Back