Hi guys, my introduction and my experience with GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter HK_boy
  • 0 comments
  • 466 views
Messages
3
hi guys,

im the newbie on the block on GTP. I been playing GT series since it first came out. And my friend bought me the 4th edition for my xmas this year from Hong Kong.

Honestly, I decided to post this thread because after reading about everyone is saying, there are some ups and downs, but I just want to share my experince with everyone... and show you guys a game that my buddies made up in GT3, that we can also play in GT4... god willing if the LAN can handle it... but will explain more later...

thought of GT4.

First of all... all I can say is IT is a upgrade from GT3 in many standard issues. First the car physics are changed in many of the cars, esp in the front wheel drive vechicals and after modifications. I own a EP3, and a CL7 in real life, besides speed factor, the handling of these vehcials are of my expectation. I run infineon/sears pt. raceway once in a while for track day. And I can tell you that the turns on this particular track are dead on stright, for elevation changes and course width. Since the EP3 they have in the game is a Type R, and not the American Si, I couldn't make a complete judgment. But my friends with the RSX-S and the Evo VIII drive the same 1:1 car, and they say its dead on as well.

The courses from the previous games have been revamped on certain turns, esp in grand valley on the back end. There is not much room for crazy turn ins like in GT3. So its more technical, plus the braking of each vehcial makes it really realistic in my point of view. Im from Hong Kong, im very happy that there are city courses, esp my home town.

Cars itself is a totally different issue as well, as most of us covered, the engine damage is more noticeable now. When buying used cars, some of them might have a crooked chassis? I belive there is a function for strightening the chassis as well. NOS option is actually pretty fun as an option. I dont use NOS in the game, but to even have this function shows the way GT series want to accompany the rest of the worlds of motorsport.

B:sepc. Alot of people belive that this is a fautly function and it is a waste of space... but to me, its a great devoloping tool, and it does have its uses. I believe that learning the aspects of a race director is important in the sport. I went to one 25hr race in northern california where I was the pit boy for cleaning windows. My respect for the race directors was so high up. Watching pace, tire ware, gas consumption, and safety issues. Only thing they didn't simulate well is the fatigue of the drivers, but that can always be expanded. One downside of the race is when you start in B-spec, we can't switch back to A-spec to drive, which I believe its sad.

I overall believe that this is a good upgrade in terms of developement for future versions of GT. Even tho most people i know are looking for on par realizsm in the game, at the end of the day it is a simulation, we all have a chance to go to the track near our homes in America to try the real thing. But to sit in your own home and comfort to play a game that sparks interest in car folks and can bring atleast 90 percent of it is incredible.

My track manager once told me.... we all have the same blood running through our viens, and it runs like fuel, only asking to go faster, but in order to go faster, you need to accept the steps in the progress to understand and respect the whole picture, which is self development.

I think this should be said for GT4, there might be short commings, but if we step out and take a look at the bigger picture, its beautiful, and there will be more to come in the development.

SO after my JDM GT4 evaluation in my pov.... here is a new prospective for GT3/4

Now i know we heard bugs in GT4 with the lan play... but to bring more playability with GT3... this game will expand a new and fun horizon for GT3/4. How this game got started is that we pretty much beat GT3 at a extent. We played the first day it came out, and we were begining to loose the fun factor in the game. So what we did was we always had ilink battles... and so there was six of us. In the end of all the testing and what not, we made up this game called NASKOON. The game is played on the Oval test track.... and we do foolish things on the track... hence the name naskoon. So the game goes like this... each team has 3 drivers, or two whatever you want. it can be 3v3, or 2v2v2. But at the end of the day, the objective is to have one of your team cars to finish before the other team does. So the car of choice is the TVR speed six... because it does not top out, and it has great acceleration. (we tested all cars possible, ranging from A class to S) So we draft and what not to beat each other.... however... there is a dark side to it, this is the foolishness. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER in your power to help your team win. So we have a tactic called rouging. basically you have a rouge car, and you can turn around the other way and smash into the other oppositions cars, or you can stop if you got out of the race by other rouge cars, and wait for your teammate to come right behind you can you draft each other to win ou the race. It is very fun... you guys should try.

I hope GT4 fix the Lan play, and so we can use the new test course... cuz its darker to see... so.... we can hide in the shadows of the test track and do some rouging.

Hope to see you guys around on GTP.

thanks,
Peter
 
Back