Hi I have a question or 100

  • Thread starter Thread starter xPPRTxDETROITx
  • 13 comments
  • 1,068 views
Messages
9
United States
Allen Park,Mi,USA
Messages
detroitHOOLIGAN
Hey guys, I just picked up gt5 about two weeks ago. I have a few questions,, I will start out by saying my heart lies with the competition, (top 200 overall in my type of racing shameless boast) but Im trying to get into GT5 though judging by this forum there are far more haters than fans from what Ive read. GT5 questions go as follows.

1.I cant stand out of car views, makes me feel like Im using an r/c car and I have a couple in my garage so I dont need them on a video game
a.is there a list of the cars that have the correct in car aspects??
b.if not is there any way to figure it out before I waste my money??

2. Is there a method to the tuning? The competitors tuning is dead on correct(in theroy and it also usually translates on the track as well) me and a calculator and some basic equations= perfect car even for others, I run a very successful tuning garage on fm3, but I think thats a no go for gt5 especially with no user storefronts, but onwards and upwards. What is the trick to the suspension,chassis and steering geometry settings on gt5? please feel free to get technical, Im only half retarded.

and last,
3.What are the typical tracks used in this game for drifting and where is the best spot to practice drifting. Ive built some great cars and though only 3 of my 90+ gaming buddies play GT5 they all agree. The others, well they play the competition, maybe if I can tune them some cars and the online comes back up full time, I can recruit a full race. But I doubt it.:indiff:
 
Hi there, GT5 was a good choice, and don't think here are haters, there are just some people who expected a better version of GT4 and not a crippled one.

To your first question.
All the premium models have cockpit view, those are all the cars which you can buy at the regular car dealer.
All the other cars are the standard models which were taken from GT4, so they have worse textures and no cockpit view.
However all the cars have a bumper view (directly over the street) a bonnet/hood view and a "third-person" view some meters behind the car.

Second Question
Sry I have no clue about tuning with calculations, I'm just experimenting. Choose a track which you like and which is quite technical and drive it for some rounds, change something and drive again. If you feel more comfortable and do better lap times keep the settings, if not keep trying.

Third Question
I'm not a drifter, but there are online seasonal drift events, at least there were. I think those are pretty good drift tracks.
 
I don't know how to insert a link, so look for a thread called, "guide to creating a GT5 tune from scratch" That is a great start, middle and end.

Start drifting on Tsuba or what ever it's called. A good starting track. Then go from there.
 
Hey guys, I just picked up gt5 about two weeks ago. I have a few questions,, I will start out by saying my heart lies with the competition, (top 200 overall in my type of racing shameless boast) but Im trying to get into GT5 though judging by this forum there are far more haters than fans from what Ive read. GT5 questions go as follows.

1.I cant stand out of car views, makes me feel like Im using an r/c car and I have a couple in my garage so I dont need them on a video game
a.is there a list of the cars that have the correct in car aspects??
b.if not is there any way to figure it out before I waste my money??

2. Is there a method to the tuning? The competitors tuning is dead on correct(in theroy and it also usually translates on the track as well) me and a calculator and some basic equations= perfect car even for others, I run a very successful tuning garage on fm3, but I think thats a no go for gt5 especially with no user storefronts, but onwards and upwards. What is the trick to the suspension,chassis and steering geometry settings on gt5? please feel free to get technical, Im only half retarded.

and last,
3.What are the typical tracks used in this game for drifting and where is the best spot to practice drifting. Ive built some great cars and though only 3 of my 90+ gaming buddies play GT5 they all agree. The others, well they play the competition, maybe if I can tune them some cars and the online comes back up full time, I can recruit a full race. But I doubt it.:indiff:

As was stated.

1. Premium cars will have in car cameras. These are found at the NEW car dealerships. Standard cars (found in all USED car dealerships) will only have the traditional GT cameras. Bumper, Bonnet/Hood, and chase.

2. Checkout the tuning forum. There has been a bunch of information that has just come to light that GT5 may have their tuning completely backwards (ie the front of the car is actually the rear and the rear is the front in terms of tuning) it isn't represented graphically, but it does seem to make sense, and there is a thread about it in the tuning section.

3. You can drift any track, but I'd probably try the drifting trials or join up some drifting rooms, or goto the drifting forum? I'd tell you if I had a good answer... Drifting is still relatively new to GT because this is the first "complete" game that they've really modeled for it.

There are TONS of haters. Rightfully so. The game is no if and or buts unfinished and PD is taking their sweet time to sort it out. People say that we shouldn't be mad and yadda yadda. No. This is a product that was offered for sale as complete and it isn't. People should be a little miffed, or expect GT6 to be done the same way.

Anyway... don't judge the series based on this release. Yes it has a great many good things going for it, but it has a critical number of KEY things wrong with it. If the physics weren't so much better in this version than the last, and there was no online, I'd be playing GT4 and not caring at all. But its not, there not, and I'm not.

:) Welcome aboard. Tell me about engine swapping and all the cool things you can do in Forza...
 
Were not haters though it may seem that way. We just feel it's a very good game; but it should have been and could have been GREAT!
 
To answer your drifting question, you will see (online) that Tsukuba is the most popular race track to drift on. You also have the Top Gear Test track as a playground to anybody since the width & length of the straight is huge.
 
...don't think here are haters, there are just some people who expected a better version of GT4 and not a crippled one....

Do irony much? :D

@OP: Welcome to GT5 ;)
 
I will start out by saying my heart lies with the competition,

The competitors tuning is dead on correct

You mean Forza Motorsport. There's no shame in mentioning it. It's a fantastic product and the highest-rated racing series of the generation (as they enjoyed boasting in a FM4 teaser). While not quite as accurate with the racing physics, it's still a far cry more realistic than 99% of console racing games and beats GT in pretty much every other regard (other than the racing physics). Nobody should ever be afraid to mention it by name.

I enjoy GT5 and spent a great deal of time with it, but I spent at least as much with FM2 and quite a bit more with FM3, and once FM4 gets here I'm definitely all over that, and PD can't possibly release enough DLC for GT5 to change that.

1.I cant stand out of car views, makes me feel like Im using an r/c car and I have a couple in my garage so I dont need them on a video game
a.is there a list of the cars that have the correct in car aspects??
b.if not is there any way to figure it out before I waste my money??

I know what you mean. In GT5, at first I refused to use the Standard cars (last-gen or worse models with no cockpit views), but I've begrudgingly given in to using them. You can use a view on top of the car or like on the front of the car (can't see the car in that view), but it's just not the same.

The game's 200+ Premium cars have cockpit views. There's lists of the game's cars all over the place, and any list specifying which are Standard and Premium would indicate which ones have cockpits (Premiums).

I run a very successful tuning garage on fm3, but I think thats a no go for gt5 especially with no user storefronts, but onwards and upwards.

I've been trying to get people to jump onboard the GT5-version-of-Storefront bandwagon for months, but I suppose to no avail. As previously mentioned, FM3 does some stuff that makes GT5 look like a kid's game, and this is an excellent example. The FM3 Storefront and auction house are a thousand times superior to the limited trade and sharing options that we suffer with in GT5, and GT5 doesn't even allow you to save tuning setups, let alone share them. However your car is presently set up is all you get, and if you tweak it then that becomes your new setup. You can't have a Daytona speedway setup and then a Monaco setup, for example, or a high-end and low-end (depending on race restrictions) setup. It's awful.

If you did a lot of FM3 tuning, there's a good chance I've downloaded at least one of your tunes, although I haven't played since last fall. If you were active before that and if your tuning setups were fairly popular and highly-rated, I might have used a few of them.
 
I don't know how to insert a link...

Highlight the word you would like to make as link with the cursor, click the "insert link" button:
insert_edit_link_icon.jpg
then paste the URL in the field and click "OK". I hope that helps :)
 
I am fairly new to drifting and started on Tsukuba using the premium Blitz Skyline. I have since tried out many tracks and one I have found to be a lot of fun is trial mountain. I also enjoy Laguna Seca but as yet cannot even come close to nailing the corkscrew.

I have been surprised by the Alfa 8C, which seems to want to drift completely stock, great fun.
 
Wow thanks guys! I expected some message board tough guy responses, but I was amazed. I figured out the premium/standard thing though. I appreciate all the responses and I am not giving up on gt5 yet (especially with drag strip rumors) and the fun drifting and rally. If any of you guys play forza Im xPPRTxMRmcSEPOx on xblive. I run a couple great leagues and race in a few others if anyone wants to race. I guess I can keep monkeying with the tuning, I have drift and rally squared away but not the circuit (higher speed cars) as much. Well thanks again to all of you and any further advice will be greatly appreciated, Im off to "SCUBA" :) for some GT5 drifting then back to some drag racing and circuit tuning on FM3.
 
As was stated.

1. Premium cars will have in car cameras. These are found at the NEW car dealerships. Standard cars (found in all USED car dealerships) will only have the traditional GT cameras. Bumper, Bonnet/Hood, and chase.

2. Checkout the tuning forum. There has been a bunch of information that has just come to light that GT5 may have their tuning completely backwards (ie the front of the car is actually the rear and the rear is the front in terms of tuning) it isn't represented graphically, but it does seem to make sense, and there is a thread about it in the tuning section.

3. You can drift any track, but I'd probably try the drifting trials or join up some drifting rooms, or goto the drifting forum? I'd tell you if I had a good answer... Drifting is still relatively new to GT because this is the first "complete" game that they've really modeled for it.

There are TONS of haters. Rightfully so. The game is no if and or buts unfinished and PD is taking their sweet time to sort it out. People say that we shouldn't be mad and yadda yadda. No. This is a product that was offered for sale as complete and it isn't. People should be a little miffed, or expect GT6 to be done the same way.

Anyway... don't judge the series based on this release. Yes it has a great many good things going for it, but it has a critical number of KEY things wrong with it. If the physics weren't so much better in this version than the last, and there was no online, I'd be playing GT4 and not caring at all. But its not, there not, and I'm not.

:) Welcome aboard. Tell me about engine swapping and all the cool things you can do in Forza...

OH and since you asked you can swap cammer (347 cu in stroker) engines into your fox body mustangs, make your 1971 datsun 510 a ridiculously fast drag/top speed car by swapping it to awd with a skyline r34 drivetrain,swap a 1000+hp hemi into your viper or a s2000 engine into your civic (if thats your thing,not really mine:sick:) and the list goes on and on. You can also paint on the best paint/design editor on any racing game ever made hands down. but......
GT5 has rally which is really fun, better drift smoke, vw micro buses and go-karts. Im not a hater, well sometimes, so im giving it its fair chance. Thanks for the tips everyonne,i will be all over this forum this weekend so I can show my skills or lack there of.👍
 
Back