Hi, I'm Burnout

• Thread starter TFBurnout
  • 8 comments
United States
Classified
TFBurnout
YTBanner.jpg
Well, ok, not really, but for the sake of the forums, I am. I came here for tunes for cars so I can participate in lobbies and at least LOOK like I know what I'm doing.

My first GT was a copy GT2 way back on the PS1 (in fact, I still have my copy and my PS1)that I bought at a garage sale for about $10 when I was in the third grade. At the time, I had no idea what the difference was between different cars and just wanted to get the 'cool' ones (Viper, Shelby Cobra, Superbird).

Many years later, I was browsing Gamestop trying to find a game and I came across GT5 XL Edition for $20. Realizing that I was getting a $60 plus $20 dlc, I figured "what the hell, why not". After sitting through the LONGEST OPENING CINEMATIC EVER, I began to plow my way through. It was then I learned that tuning was a thing and even tried some online lobbies. I then got GT6 for christmas and am still continuing to play it (obviously).

Currently, I've been building a collection of cars centered around the web series 'RWBY' (check my profile to see them, shameless plug) under the banner 'Remnant Speed Shop' and am also the owner of the Beacon Academy Race Club, a GT6 club for fans of the show. Most of my online time is spent in car show lobbies in my 'Ren" RX-7 or in drift lobbies in my 'Nora' Tacoma (laugh all you want, it works). I also playa fair bit of GTA V and also Modnation Racers (basically Mario Kart with customizable characters and cars).

You could skip it :P

Anyway welcome to GTP :cheers:
Yeah, but I do this weird thing where I have to watch all the cinematics when booting up the game for the first time. Plust having My Chemical Romance in it was pretty cool.

Yeah, but I do this weird thing where I have to watch all the cinematics when booting up the game for the first time. Plust having My Chemical Romance in it was pretty cool.
Ah right, fair enough.

Welcome to GTPlanet - enjoy and make friends. 👍

Yeah, but I do this weird thing where I have to watch all the cinematics when booting up the game for the first time. Plus having My Chemical Romance in it was pretty cool.

I listen and watch the entire opening movie of GT6 whenever I boot the game up. It's a ritual for my neurons. I do this without fail. It helps me settle down and relax into the environment I'm entering, it jogs my memories of the former good times I've had with the games, I can never tire of watching the passion that drives the people in the movie - in fact just counting the wedding bands makes me smile.
This may not be normal, but I think it is harmless.

The first time I sat through the opening of GT5 I nearly had an . . . okay, I'll stop right there, and say once again: Welcome to GTPlanet and may you find it useful and entertaining.

:cheers:

Hi! The introduction song in GT6 is really great, at first it sounded generic to me but after hearing the full version, it's simple but very powerful and I think everyone here can relate to atleast some of it! To me it's about keeping the dream alive of making this game (well, some of it anyway!) a reality in the future!!

Back