hi im new to prologue

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by ivatu, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ivatu

ivatu

does anyone have any tips on how to drive with the dfgt wheel?

2. tyl0r_r

tyl0r_r

Google before you make new threads as pointless as this one...

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=google#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=sim+racing+technique+help+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=7ccae2f90de19033

First couple hits look like a good start.

Edit: To be a little nicer go into the corner slow and come out fast. Don't do anything drastic with the wheel. Smooth is good, little adjustments are ideal rather than making everything sharp and "fast looking". Driving with the DFGT is about the same as any other good wheel or a real wheel so you should just look up driving technique in general, don't you think?

3. LJ

LJ

I got a dfgt and started playing prologue first, I was really bad for a few weeks but it was more fun

4. ivatu

ivatu

thanks guys and sorry if i did something wrong im new to this forum.

5. PKR_KARTRACER96

PKR_KARTRACER96

The settings, don't forget the settings.

6. ivatu

ivatu

sooooo... Whats the best setting? :D

7. LJ

LJ

The only setting I ever seen were the force feedback and power steering one which doesnt seem to do anything

8. yakapo

yakapo

The one thing I wish I knew when I first started was that - driving assists slow you down.

9. zodicus

zodicus

practice! alot. a wheel is a diffrent ball game. smooth is fast, you cant go from lock to lock instantly any more so be smooth, not just with the steering the throttle and brake as well.

If you go online to race remeber when tunning, its not a TT set the car up so you can drive it in traffic.
    If youre new to the GT games in genral remember GT is a sim not need for speed so if you race clean and avoid contact, dont cut the track, ride walls ect, you'll get a lot more respect around here.

10. leowan731

leowan731

i hate to say, but gt5 isn't a sim persay.
    it is just good for entertainment at most.
    (granted i love the gtseries)

11. ivatu

ivatu

i have gt3 and 4 but this is the first time with the dfgt, also what setting do i have to turn off to drive faster?

thanks for the advice!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  12. Jack

Jack Staff Emeritus

First, welcome to GTPlanet :tup:

A few tips. There is a search in the top right of the screen. Please use it as this question has been asked many many times before. There is a multi-quote button too. This avoids double posting and I have just merged your last two in this thread.

And finally, please re-read this in the AUP.

Enjoy GTPlanet :)

13. Starfirebird

Starfirebird

Practice,Practice,Practice.

When i first got my Driving Force GT i went in driving the same way i did with the controller and was i in for a rude awakening!

I was pretty quick with a controller,but after a month of practice i was beating my old laptimes by close to a second.

Another thing is Turn off all assists and Turn the wheel setting to Simulation.This helps get a better feel for the car.:tup:

14. ivatu

ivatu

thank you guys!!!!