hi im new to prologue

• Thread starter ivatu
  • 13 comments
Google before you make new threads as pointless as this one...

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=google#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=sim+racing+technique+help+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=7ccae2f90de19033

First couple hits look like a good start.

Edit: To be a little nicer go into the corner slow and come out fast. Don't do anything drastic with the wheel. Smooth is good, little adjustments are ideal rather than making everything sharp and "fast looking". Driving with the DFGT is about the same as any other good wheel or a real wheel so you should just look up driving technique in general, don't you think?

The only setting I ever seen were the force feedback and power steering one which doesnt seem to do anything

practice! alot. a wheel is a diffrent ball game. smooth is fast, you cant go from lock to lock instantly any more so be smooth, not just with the steering the throttle and brake as well.

If you go online to race remeber when tunning, its not a TT set the car up so you can drive it in traffic.
If youre new to the GT games in genral remember GT is a sim not need for speed so if you race clean and avoid contact, dont cut the track, ride walls ect, you'll get a lot more respect around here.

i hate to say, but gt5 isn't a sim persay.
it is just good for entertainment at most.
(granted i love the gtseries)

i have gt3 and 4 but this is the first time with the dfgt, also what setting do i have to turn off to drive faster?

practice! alot. a wheel is a diffrent ball game. smooth is fast, you cant go from lock to lock instantly any more so be smooth, not just with the steering the throttle and brake as well.

If you go online to race remeber when tunning, its not a TT set the car up so you can drive it in traffic.
If youre new to the GT games in genral remember GT is a sim not need for speed so if you race clean and avoid contact, dont cut the track, ride walls ect, you'll get a lot more respect around here.

thanks for the advice!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
First, welcome to GTPlanet 👍

A few tips. There is a search in the top right of the screen. Please use it as this question has been asked many many times before. There is a multi-quote button too. This avoids double posting and I have just merged your last two in this thread.

And finally, please re-read this in the AUP.

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Enjoy GTPlanet :)

Practice,Practice,Practice.

When i first got my Driving Force GT i went in driving the same way i did with the controller and was i in for a rude awakening!

I was pretty quick with a controller,but after a month of practice i was beating my old laptimes by close to a second.

Another thing is Turn off all assists and Turn the wheel setting to Simulation.This helps get a better feel for the car.👍

Back