Hi/low beam lights inconsistent?

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
(PS4) Is it me or are other people finding your lights have a mind of their own?

I can't put them on manually in the daytime. Hi/low beam randomly seems to switch between hi/low and hi/off (deeply distracting!). Flashing lights doesn't seem to work in dusk/twilight conditions either.

I seems to be related to the dynamic weather and only when GT7 decides it's dark enough do your lights become available. Tunnels in the daytime are the worst. They switch on automatically seemingly on low beam, which does sweet fa when it comes to seeing where you're going and using the hi/low toggle does nothing.

Last edited:
I've actually got an issue with features mapped to the L3 button in either case so I naturally have an issue with the high beams switching on and off at times, flashing other drivers, etc. It seems I accidentally press it under stress.

I've actually got an issue with features mapped to the L3 button in either case so I naturally have an issue with the high beams switching on and off at times, flashing other drivers, etc. It seems I accidentally press it under stress.
Im constantly pressing it on cornering. Many a time has a driver asked me post race what all the flashing was about in GT sport :)

Im constantly pressing it on cornering. Many a time has a driver asked me post race what all the flashing was about in GT sport :)
You can just tell them it's part of your strategy to rattle them. 😉

Yeah, I don't know what it is. I wish the stick buttons were a little harder to depress. It really sucked on one game (a shooter) that (IIRC) had a melee action tied to the L3 button. I was constantly taking swipes at people rather than shooting and getting killed myself. ....had to try my hardest to relax my thumbs more.

Maybe try gripping your controller a little lighter! I’ve never had an issue hitting L3/R3 by accident!

Ah so thats whats causing it!

My headlights were flashing all the time under hardbraking and cornering, especially noticeable in anything with pop up headlights! haha

Back