Hi there.

• Thread starter XEBaggins
  • 10 comments
England
Newcastle
XE_Baggins
XE Baggins
First of all hello, I'm totally new to PS3 and GT5 so please excuse my ignorance

I wouldn't exactly say i'm looking for a team at the moment because i'm still in the early stages of learning, instead i would much rather prefer to tandem with people to get an idea of of lines, speeds and angles so right now i'm looking for a tandem buddy or a group i can hang out with to improve myself, I'm pretty active at the moment due to losing my job last week and timezones shouldn't be a problem as i'm on quite late.

Thanks for reading and have a good day/night!

I'll be honest GT5 is pretty dead now since GT6 is out in 8 weeks and a lot of people are playing GTA V.

What I suggest is practice on your own in GT5 for a while, get comfortable with a car and then get into tandeming on GT6.

GT6 will be a much better learning environment, and there will be LOTS of people playing it once it comes out, more specifically the drift community on here.

Some tips;

Tires: Comfort Hard
Car: Obviously RWD so you can drift properly, preferably something light that you can throw around, but add some weight to the rear of your car on the ballast settings so its closer to 50 50. 52 48 would be fine.

Set your custom L.S.D to 5 60 60 (Initial - Accel - Decel) - This is as close as it gets to a welded diff in real life, which most drifters consider an essential for drifting.

Also slap on 3.0 front 1.0 rear for your camber, and you should be good to start progressing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.
I'm getting the hang of everything pretty quickly because i 'm on a wheel and drift on other games too so that helps, but i know what you mean GTA has taken over pretty much every game at the moment.

Zippy! ahh yeah that'd be cool man, i'm still kinda learning but send me a FR mate :)

I'm up for some tandems, add me. PSN: iSaisoku

I'm up for some tandems, add me. PSN: iSaisoku
Added iSaisoku, MRJDM whats your PSN? added the one in your information thing but it dais it doesn't exist, always looking for people to drift with though :D

Back