High powered cars tuned at low PP ???

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 4 comments
United States
Addison IL.
I started playing GT6 2 years ago and still have a lot to learn. Really got hooked when I started
using a steering wheel. Most of the tunes I use came from this forum and I greatly appreciate
everyone who posts them, and answers questions like this.

I've noticed most of the tunes I see have the PP set way below what the car is capable of doing.
So I guess my question is, are you better off running a car at say 600 PP when its capable of 650,
or using a car that maxes out at 600?

Just wondering why its so common among the tunes I see.

It depends on the car really, but in my opinion, trying to get certain cars to run at max pp ruins the car. Let me give some examples. I'm a Chevy guy, so I know those well and will use them. Take the Grand Sport, capable of 550pp and over, but best around 525pp, or even using power limiter down to 500pp. The same with the 2010 Camaro. Not bad at 600pp, but better suited around 550pp.
A maxed out car such as the BRZ is not as enjoyable as one at 500, but most enjoyable at 450.
My thinking is that the chassis cannot always handle the extra horse power due to the way the games programming is. Take any Miata and max it, it will not be as fast as another car in the same range that was meant for higher pp level.

Of course this is just my 2 cents and my approach to the game. Others may or will disagree.

I've learned that the tires as well as the car make a difference. A Viper detuned to 500pp on SH tires is much easier to drive than a Miata tuned up to 500pp. However, put them on SS or RH tires and the Miata becomes a weapon. I also found out over the weekend that a VW Nardo Concept is a total slug at 500pp.

Last edited:
I have done a lot of tuning for 450pp recently. Some cars are crazy dominant, other than those, most of my fastest tunes are from cars that were around 450pp to begin with. Some are above 450pp to begin with.

Back