High Res Auto Images

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaleenASL
  • 18 comments
  • 2,271 views
It died. It had cancer. And while potato chips were being fed to it through a tube it had cardiac arrest and died. I sent flowers yesterday.
 
Dieselstation is crap, compared to highres and 928. Unfortunately, it's all that's left.
 
Google ain't crap, when you know what to search. HRAI is probably down because they're doing one of their not-so-frequent updates...
 
They've been down for 3 or more days. So has dodge-vipers.com.
 
Does anybody what did happen to the 928 cargallery? I made a thread about it a long time ago, and someone claiming to be the owner said that he'd have it back up later in the year, but...

I miss that place. Poo.
 
Originally posted by Sage
Does anybody what did happen to the 928 cargallery? I made a thread about it a long time ago, and someone claiming to be the owner said that he'd have it back up later in the year, but...

I miss that place. Poo.

I believe he was being threatened with a lawsuit for copyright infringement. He got a nasty letter and decided it wasn't worth the fight. I'm not sure where the website was based, but I know it's not the USA.
 
Originally posted by PunkRock
Google ain't crap, when you know what to search. HRAI is probably down because they're doing one of their not-so-frequent updates...

Google is crap compared to HRAI, since HRAI was easier to browse and had more wallpaper sized images per car than google.

I originally made that statement because I didn't want someone suggesting that I use google. Everyone knows about google. Everyone
 
Hiresautoimages.com is down because Drew the owner is upgrading servers.
 
HRAI has been down for at least two weeks...
 
Fast-Autos is still an ok site, and in fact, i think it's a sister-site to HRAI...

Or just an affiliate, whatever.
 
Originally posted by SaleenASL
I believe he was being threatened with a lawsuit for copyright infringement. He got a nasty letter and decided it wasn't worth the fight. I'm not sure where the website was based, but I know it's not the USA.
Sweden, I think.

Too bad about that though... so there's little chance of it coming back? (The one problem with HRAI for me is that I don't need such high resolution images just for my 1024x768 screen)
 
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Fast-Autos is still an ok site, and in fact, i think it's a sister-site to HRAI...

Or just an affiliate, whatever.

Fast auto's wallpaper link takes you to HRAI. HRAI no longer gives you a "page not found" error, so that's good news.

Fast auto's photos are a little too small for wallpapers.
 
Originally posted by SaleenASL
I believe he was being threatened with a lawsuit for copyright infringement. He got a nasty letter and decided it wasn't worth the fight. I'm not sure where the website was based, but I know it's not the USA.

Hello,
i just have seen this thread and i must say i had never copyright problems!
I don't know how do you come on it :odd:

Anyway, now I'm back with Street Dream (http://streetdream.de).
 
Originally posted by 928
Hello,
i just have seen this thread and i must say i had never copyright problems!
I don't know how do you come on it :odd:

Anyway, now I'm back with Street Dream (http://streetdream.de).


The only page on the entire site I wanted to see is down :grumpy:
 
Back