High Speed Go Kart Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 13 comments
  • 2,219 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
Every car I buy I take for a few practice laps around the High Speed Ring circuit (just because it's the first one in the list!)
Then I can look at the leader board to see how real world fast my rides are.
I forgot to ever run my Go Kart there, so I just went out an ran it.
You are top speed the whole way, so setting a good time is all down to how smooth you can be and how you take the turns.
I'm interested to see what other folks can do, since all the Go Karts are the same.

My first lap out was 2:01:434
My fastest lap was 1:56.333

Have at it folks. 👍

EDIT: This should be done in Practice Mode, A-Spec Free Run.

EDIT #2: CURRENT BEST TIME - mattson - 1:55.291
 
Last edited:
This is a good idea, sounds like fun. I am going to have to try it tommorow as the kart is so much fun.
 
This sounds like fun; I agree it comes down to how smooth you can be.
When do online leader boards go up?
 
I just managed a 1:55.575

I am excited to see how quick people can get!
 
I pulled off a 1:55.479, from that i can't improve any more.

EDIT: Just did with a 1:55.354.
 
Are these time trial laps or races? Races will be quicker since you can draft.
 
I did it in practice mode, A-spec free run.
 
As the last 2 guys have stated, Practice Mode, A-Spec Free Run.
I got mine down to 1:55.512
I'm literally trying to shave thousands of a second of my time!
 
sounds like a good idea to me. Will have to pray for some ps3 time tomorrow. Im getting withdrawel symptoms as not played since Saturay!
 
As the last 2 guys have stated, Practice Mode, A-Spec Free Run.
I got mine down to 1:55.512
I'm literally trying to shave thousands of a second of my time!

Beating your ghost just by a car length will give you one tenth of a second.
 
I haven't had a chance to test this theory yet (too busy with work and such) but I was just thinking that if you are trying to follow the 'official' race line, it might be a good bit slower than if you make your own line in this case. I suspect that the computer's race line is optimized for higher powered cars that actually do need to brake and worry and their speed/grip. In the Carts, you are flat out the entire time, and given the long sweeping nature of the turns you can almost be going full speed (~77 mph) the entire time. I am going to compare lap times with the racing line on and following that with times where I follow my own Cart-specific line.
 
Just ran a 1:55.291. Woo! This is slightly addictive...found myself running lap after lap trying new cornering techniques until it was just right.
 
Congrats man. I'm going to do some more laps today and see if I can improve my time.
 
Back