Highest A-Spec points one in a race.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smurf
  • 11 comments
  • 1,002 views
Messages
20
I like to give myself a challenge so lately I've been trying to see what's the higest A-Spec point race I can win. My current top two are 182 and 141 points. Both in the turbo cup using my lotus elise 111r with 243bhp. They were pretty close races but the shorter breaking distances and faster cornering speed of the elise helped me win.
 
What is the purpose of A-spec points? Do they unlock cars or something? All I know is so far I've gotten around 8 points a race with my CRX on Sunday Cup.
 
Ive racked up around 3000 points but I dont know what they are for,

I think they are pointless but who knows...
 
I used the Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and got 200 points for each race i entered in the first trucks races. I also ran my Ford GT and Saleen S7 for some races and i only recieved 1 point. Now i am racing the 05 Mustang GT with a SC and am getting around 60 or more points a race.
 
I used an 01 Honda S2000 in the Japanese Race and won the first Fuji race and was awarded 195 A-Spec points. Car was NA tuned, triple plate clutch, performance flywheel, with works. Race was very competitive, it was my S2000 switching positions with an RX7 the whole 5 laps. My advanatage was in cornering, I could hug the corners alot better than the AI cars in this race.
 
I got 200 with the 98 elise in the NY enduro. Also got 200 on the races in the Opel section using a NON-turbo Speedster with a ton of mods. Hongkong seems the easiest to put an underpowered car against high powered cars because they have trouble in the turns.
 
A-Spec points are for bragging rights.

Any monkey could get 100% in GT3, mainly because you could use an massively powered car to win a race against crap opposition. A-Spec points get awarded for winning races depending on how well matched your car is to the others.

For example - If you use the Impreza Rally car to win a race against a load of Toyota Vitz (Yaris here in UK) you'll get less points than if use a Vitz to win a race against a load of Impreza Rally cars... basically - you get more points for being a more skillfull driver.
 
117 with a 67hp Be-1 in the sunday cup race on high speed ring
 
193 pts. with an M3 GTR on the ring (2 lap race, in family cup at the world circuits place) it was on max dificulty against Zonda C12s ,C12 7.2, Saleen, Ford GT, and W12 Nardo. I spanked them :D.
 
Take a look at this thread, which is actually on the front page still.

High A-Spec points do not neccessarily equate with degree of difficulty. Honestly I think they are pointless. The guy above got 117 with that 67HP Be-1, try it with a 568HP or so Dodge Ram and you will get 200 every time. Max the truck out to 726HP with NOS and all the other upgrades, and it goes down to about 170-180

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56018

edit: I just want to add that the idea behind A-SPec points is good, but the execution is lacking. Without consistency, there really is no reason to put any weight in A-Spec points. I trounced an RS6 and others by 12 seconds in a 2 lap race with that Dodge, and I wasn't even trying - 200 points.
 
I figured that more tnan 100 A-spec points is needed for the race to be at least a slight challenge. However, there are exceptions when 60 pts race are far harder tnat 120 ones...
 
9mm
I figured that more tnan 100 A-spec points is needed for the race to be at least a slight challenge. However, there are exceptions when 60 pts race are far harder tnat 120 ones...
Like the Roadster races. I remeber there being a shelby that was very hard to beat. When you got a car that would, the A-Spec points were down to like 3. That was my first experience with weird point counts.
 
Back