Highlight Reel From the 2nd Season of GTS Iceland, the Icelandic Gran Turismo Sport Championship

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Guffaluff, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Hey guys!

I felt like sharing this with you fellow GTS nuts.

So I've been running GTS Iceland since early 2018. We just finished our 2nd season last week with a 2hr Nordschleife Endurance (Gr.3).

I initially started the league as I craved for longer races then are available through Sport Mode. The first two seasons have been 12 races, with two weeks apart. We allo Hard/Medium/Soft tires to add strategic depth, and each race is around 1hr. Exceptions are the last race, and a Gr.1 2Hr special at Le Mans.

Fun fact is that when I started this, it was actually the first organized simracing competition in Iceland, and still remains the only Gran Turismo league here. We have been featured in the media a couple of times as well, which was a first for me :D We have a super good group, and with growing interest I'll launch Tier 2, a Gr.4 feeder series, running alongside the current league, now titled Tier 1. Tier 2 will be shorter and more accessible, with less prep time required to do well, and is a great way to get more racers active and try to reach into Tier 1.

I also run the website www.gtsiceland.com for the league, but as it's in Icelandic, I'm not so sure how much info you can gather from there :D

But anyways, not gonna ramble too much, as I wanted to share with you a highlight reel from Season 2. Hope you like it :)

And just for fun, here is the reel from Seaon1 1 :)

2. watto79

watto79

Great choice of music :tup:

And well done on organising the league! Looks like there were some brilliant races.

Guffaluff likes this.
  3. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Thanks mate! :cheers:

Yeah it's been loads of fun. Very tight and clean group :)