Highlights of GT League

  • Thread starter Thread starter Razamataz
  • 29 comments
  • 1,869 views
Messages
284
United Kingdom
London
Messages
azzabry86
Howdy folks. After a number of DLC packs GT League is really starting to shape up quite nicely. How are people getting along with it?

Granted it’s not quite as comprehensive as previous GTs, but there’s some cracking races in there. For one I’m absolutely loving the new Lamborghini cup, especially that race at Willow Springs. The JDM race at Tokyo is another highlight as well.
 
The ideas and concepts of the races are good, but there just far too easy, the AI difficulty needs to be ramped up to 1000. Being able to lead the race at the end of the first lap after starting at the back is no fun.
 
They are good but I agree that they need to be more difficult or have a difficulty setting you can change for more credits.
 
I had some trouble with an N300 Countach in the Lambo race at Gardens :D But that‘s probably just due to the rabbit getting boosted a lot 💡
 
Not because they are challenging, but because they are kinda fun to do:

- the F1500 series,
- the red bull jr series,
- the endurance races (especially the dragon trail round for Porsches, the Mount Panorama round for the Gr3) I haven't done the Le Mans one yet.
- the gr2 series,
- the mission challenge where you drive the Porsche in Lake Maggiore for 30 laps.
 
They are good but I agree that they need to be more difficult or have a difficulty setting you can change for more credits.

I agree the difficulty level should probably be higher. Most races already have a difficulty setting of sorts though. If a race is too easy downgrade the hp to a lower number and if it's a lower N level you'll get more credits.

My favourite event is probably the J Sports one as there are so many competitive cars that can be used. I also love the Red Bull Junior event.

I did the Le Mans endurance today and won by about a second in my Nissan R92 over the Tomahawk GR1 which made for a tense finish.

The rubber band can be pretty frustrating at times.

But there seems to be no end to the new events as yet, and I look forward to what is yet to come. By the time it's complete, it might yet be the most comprehensive single player mode since GT4. (Fingers crossed).
 
Some single player is a nice break from the monotony of online play. However, I can't stand the way GT League races are structured.

Instead of starting the race in a nice tight grid, it starts you 30 seconds - 1 minute behind 1st place, with a hugely spaced out grid, and you have to play catchup, blazing past absolutely retarded AI.

Just like past GT games, ultimately you end up spending ~1/2 the race in first
place. But at least before, it felt like you were actually racing. GT League races feel more like a track day.
 
I posted in another thread about the Hot Hatch event. With AI having custom liveries, the Bathurst race is almost like racing in the Production Car Bathurst 6H.

Glad they're adding more events. Custom Races don't pay off like GTL prize Cr.
 
I found some races in particular to be quite difficult. La Festa Cavallino at Monza springs up, especially with the 330 P4 being insanely quick for the head start that it gets.
Nurb GP and LeMans 60 minute races were fun - did Nurburgring GT in the TS050 with I think only 96% weight and max downforce being the changes I made to try and make it competitive due to the lack of power. Messed up by using RH tyres (thinking I could make it without stopping) but the tyres were too year gone by the last 10 minutes, so I pulled in, bolted the RS tyres on, and went back to chase behind the lead two cars in the R18s. They had to stop as well and I ended up winning by 30 or so seconds (fun fact, the TS050 doesn't need to refuel to do the 60 minutes of Nurb GP. Even at Fuel Map 1 you should be able to make it to the finish).
LeMans was an interesting one, decided to do it with the R92CP on completely stock settings apart from some aero tweaks, just to see how competitive it was. It was a bit hard getting it stopped after the straights, and the Porsche Curves were a bit of an arse on worn tyres. Made far too many mistakes which pulled in the Tomahawk GTSR Gr.1 back into the fight with me, so I tried an undercut for the final stint and it worked, which pushed back the Tomahawk and the Peugeot. Ended up winning by 11 seconds or so, my tyres were way too worn by the final lap and lost about 6 seconds (which the Tomahawk pulled in).
So yeah, GT League can be fun. Sometimes.
 
I do them for completion, credits and xp, that's it.
There's hardly any fun in these races imo, with only a few exceptions.
AI is still a concrete block moving on rails.
Rubberbanding is annoying at times. Being able to close a 35 second gap to get from last to first within 1 lap
and then being chased, rammed and pushed off by #2 makes no sense.
 
Yes its just about getting that trophy IMO. I dont play again once I got the gold, not even Blue Bay because I'm not about that grinding lyfe.

Beginner and Amateur are all insultingly easy... I think especially for us who were tortured with the GT6 Professional seasonals.

Further I beleive that the Cavallino and Rampaging bull festivals is deliberately made silly by the use of super sport street tyres.

Do you like 4th gear 4wd powerslides at Monza?

I also enjoy the 'puzzle' aspect and that's one thing missing out of the GT6 seasonals community.

We like working out how to beat the rabbits. beat the AI etc.

The other side is the F1500s which is an abomination however I hear that post patch its a lot easier.

I have no opinion on endurances as I havent had time to devote an hour to this.

I also find the race track selection very samey... why always Suzuka Monza Willow Springs etc.

I concur with the guy above in that they should do a Forza style addition credits points kudos for double length race, higher use of tyres, fuel and maybe even weather.
 
I enjoy GT League as a break, consequence free break from online. However, what I would like is:

- Stronger AI
- No rubberbanding
> It's just weird and unrealistic to go from last place to first in a lap or two, and then suddenly that one fast AI is suddenly competitive.
- Qualifying (was in some of the older GT, can't remember which one)
- Championship with points system, not just single races.

Thats my wishlist for GT League.

With that said though, I do quite enjoy it, just feel it could be much better.
 
Realistically at this point, PD will settle in to adding a few piecemeal events every month... most will be quite unimpressive like anything in the beginner and intermediate classes. Hopefully a few like the Lamborghini challenge needs some thought.
 
I managed to win the La Festa Cavallino race at Monza at the last corner. With the P4 starting on the front in that race and me not owning one and the LaFerrari feeling ineffective, I took the 458 GT3 for a spin, because the race let you use it. I managed to catch up with the P4 on lap 8 or so but had an accident so the P4 took the lead back, until the final lap when I managed to finally take the lead at Parabolica. La Festa Cavallino is probably one of the harder races in GT League. And while easy, the F1500 Championship is fun mostly for the car itself. And while this is in Mission Challenge and not GT League, the 30 lap Maggiore enduro in the 911 RSR. I won that race by maybe a second as my car ran out of fuel at the line and I was using some ludicrous hypermiling strategy.

I just with the races in GT League were harder.
 
To me, I think the professional leagues have the difficulty just about right and I actually quite like the challenge here, F1500s notwithstanding...

eg.

MR Challenge
Premium Sports Lounge
La Festa Cavallino (v1.11 Update)
F1500 Championship (v1.13 Update)
All Japan GT Car Championships (v1.15 Update)
Vision Gran Turismo Trophy + (v1.18 Update)
Lamborghini Cup (v1.19 Update)

I find premium to be a bit too easy... I mean this is the KTM Blue Bay thing.

The VGT series is easy if you have the McLaren and/or Tomahawk.

The JGTC I really really like and they should put in more races but this is a 3 car race series so its very even.

MR Cavallino Lamborghini is the same SS tyre bucket.
 
Maybe it's just me but I honestly found some of the GT League stuff challenging but primarily because of the whole "grid being spaced out by 1-2 seconds because lol rolling start" thing, rubberbanding and the AI spinning me out because I'm in their line.

Happened to me mostly in the Professional and Endurance leagues, but aside from that, Beginner and Amateur league are really easy.
 
I think PD could make everyone happy by doing a 'classic' GT mode which is this rolling start thing and make a standing start mode... I do kind of find that it ends up being a pile up into turn 1 but even so, give us the option.
 
I enjoy GT League as a break, consequence free break from online. However, what I would like is:

- Stronger AI
- No rubberbanding
> It's just weird and unrealistic to go from last place to first in a lap or two, and then suddenly that one fast AI is suddenly competitive.
- Qualifying (was in some of the older GT, can't remember which one)
- Championship with points system, not just single races.

Thats my wishlist for GT League.

With that said though, I do quite enjoy it, just feel it could be much better.

What is rubberbanding in this sense?
 
My only complaint on sportmode is that PD seems to use always the same time/layout of a track instead of using a little variety. For endurance races they always seem to use the 10 am/12pm layout, even though active weather/time is gone for good they could at least try a little harder on these events
The events are mixed very well, potentially making use of every car in the game
 
I think that the AI would be massively improved if the cars they would drive world be roughly equal. Not in a n600 class race getting pitched against a laferrari or something equivalent. Making the AI faster and getting rid of the rubberbanding.
Furthermore some of the breaking points and apexes of the AI are downright atrocious.

I love being able to play offline. Because it is easy less stressful for me. but these aspects of GT league do really annoy me.
One of my favourite events is the FF event and trying to beat it in a tuned 100/100% swift on softer tires, because it is just possible. Or anything that is barely possible and quite stupid to do actually. Like trying to use the for raptor in as many events as possible
 
I tend to agree with many opinions here.

Most of the events are too easy during most of the race and then... the rubberband effect... :drool:

The speed of IA cars should be somewhat constant all the race.

Second, the Daily Workout Price Car system and the GT League mode appearing far later, resulted in a GT League that is nothing like a career mode.
But, as many of us already had plenty of cars and plenty of miles driven, it makes no difference.
Gr.4 at Beginner League or Gr. B Rallycross at Amateur League make no sense at all on a career progression basis.

It's great to have something like GT League but is crystal clear that it's just random events bunched up
 
I've been doing it a lot lately. Especially fun to try to win the races in the older cars.

Tuned the old Countach down to N300 and was able to win the first race in the Lambo cup. Passed the Veneno in the last turn :) Trying to win rest of the races with that car. Trying also to win the Ferrari cup races in the old 512 TB tuned down to N300, but that feels a bit impossible so far.
 
I'm just annoyed at what section they put certain races, for example they recently put the GR4 races in Beginner and the Hot Hatch in a higher tier. GR4 should be at least 20-30 mins with tire wear and fuel usage.

Secondly, need more GR3 races.

I enjoyed the N1000 races in premium I think, Maggiore, HUD off and in my LC500. GR2 races are fun too.

To echo everyone else, they need championships and not just single races

I appreciate GT league more since I was already level 30 or very close when it first released and could have played the higher tier events from the get go. But if i was a new player I won't enjoy it, have a second account and don't think I got to amateur as yet.
 
While the AI isn't great, if you put up a custom race, set difficulty to hard, turn boost off and choose grid start (although I preferred a less spaced out rolling start), you get quite fun races. GT League could be so much better that way.
I also miss grinding my way to my first nice car, update it, do championships instead of single races and have qualifying like GT 1 had it...

My highlights are the endurance races and Gr. 2 (multiclass!!!).
 
The ideas and concepts of the races are good, but there just far too easy, the AI difficulty needs to be ramped up to 1000. Being able to lead the race at the end of the first lap after starting at the back is no fun.
Yeah they replicated everything about the old gameplay loop of a Gran Turismo, down to even making the AI bad and the event not really being a competitive race.
 
Its even more amazing that they replicated it across multiple generations multiple platforms... it cant be by mistake. I suspect they must have asked their Japanese audience what they liked and this is the answer.... apparently.
 
Back