Historic NASCAR Race SeriesOpen 

United States
mooresville, NC
FRT_LEGACY97

WELCOME!
HNRS is a series designed to take competitors back in time to where NASCAR was real racing instead of the boring show it is today. The HNRS utilizes the classic muscle cars of the 60's and 70's to try to recreate the feel of a historic NASCAR event. Sounds fun right? Well, pick your machine and reply with the following information.

PSN/GTP/Vehicle Model/Vehicle Color

Here is the list of eligible cars.

Chevrolet:
Camaro SS 69'-275hp
Chevelle SS 454 70'-385hp
Nova-340hp

Dodge:
Charger 440 R/T 70'-335hp
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi 71'-340hp
Challenger R/T 70'-333hp

Ford/Shelby:
Mustang Mach1 71'-285hp
GT350 65'-270hp
GT350R 65'-260hp

Mercury:
Cougar XR-7 67'-272hp

Plymouth:
Cuda 440 Six Pack 71'- 282hp
Superbird 70'-305hp

Pontiac:
Tempest Le Mans GTO 64'-290hp

Now that you have picked out your car and signed up it is time to go over the rules.

Rules:

1. OLR:
-HNRS abides by most all of the rules in the OLR
-please be sure that you are familiar with these rules

2. Contact:
-NASCAR and racing in general is a contact sport and I understand that. However, intentionally wrecking another driver is not allowed.
-rubbing is racing so light contact is allowed
-in the case of a 3wide battle the driver that made the 2wide battle into a 3wide battle will always take fault for any wrecks or accidents that may occur

3. Overtaking:
-Overtaking must be as clean as possible
-the lead car can change their line once per straight away an more than that and I will count it as
reckless driving and draft dodging.
-Overtaking under or outside of lines is not aloud. If a driver does they must give the spot back failure to do so will result in penalties.
-dive bombing is not aloud, meaning if a driver is more than 1 car length behind another driver the trailing driver may NOT go for the pass

4. Cautions:
-60 mph pace speed
-do not bump or ramrod the car in front of you
-stay in your position until the green flag drops and you cross the start/finish line

5. Start/Restart:
-the start of the race will be preceded by 2 pace laps
-the race resumes when the leader is at the start/finish line
-you may NOT gain a position by going below the car in front of you before the start/finish line

6. Pitting:
-under caution do not try to gain positions going into the pits
-under caution the lead lap cars pit first and then the lap down cars may pit the lap after
-do not speed in to pit road
-drivers must be 60mph or slower before entering the pits
- if a caution comes out and a driver is already in their pit box or leaving the pits will not be put a lap down however a driver who is entering the pits will be put a lap down

7.Transmission:
-must stay in fourth gear
-recommended trans setup directions for staying in fourth
1. set final gear to max
2. set top speed to 236 mph
3. set first gear to max
4. set 4th and 5th gear to min
5. set 2nd and third so that they are spaced evenly

8. HAVE FUN!

I hope no one gets any penalties but I must enforce the rules

PENALTIES:
1. reckless driving or draft dodging:1. warning 2. 5 points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

2. passing under line:1. warning 2. 5points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

3. not maintaining pace speed:1. warning 2. 5points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

4. not maintaining position under caution:1. warning 2. 5points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

5. speeding in to pits:1. warning 2. 5points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

6. using 5th gear:1. warning 2. 5points 3. 10points 4. disqualification

here is the points system

leading the most laps=5points
1st=100points
2nd=75points
3rd=65points
4th=50points
5th=45points
6th=40points
7th=35points
8th=30points
9th=25points
10th=20points
11th=15points
12th=10points
13th=5points
14th=3points
15th=1point
16th=0points

Room Settings:
-room comment: HISTORIC NASCAR RACE SERIES
-Practice/qualifying/race
-Freinds only
-Qualifying: alone for 2min
-Boost: off
-Penalty:none
-tyre wear: fast
-grip reduction: real
-minimum pit stops: 1
-damage: off
-slipstream: weak
-NOS: prohibited
-sports soft tires
-aids: abs only

Drivers: TBA

Schedule:
Race#1: Daytona Superspeedway
40laps
1pitstop required

Race#2: Motegi Speedway
50laps
1pitstop required

race#3: TBA

race#4: Daytona Superspeedway
30laps
1pitstop required

race#5: Willow Springs Street
20laps
1pitstop required

race#6: Motegi Speedway
50laps
1pitstop required

race#7: TBA

race#8: TBA

Last edited:
Drivers:
PSN/GTP/Car/Color

Luigi755/TheLuigi755/1965 Shelby GT350/New Indy Yellow Pearl

swiftsmith/smith1001/Charger 440 R/T 70'/orange

rick_frogman/rick_frogman/chevelle/cameleon bleu

Last edited:
Cool idea, and thanks for spelling "NASCAR" properly. 👍

But, could you please use the names of cars as they are in-game? By "Camaro SS" and "Challenger" I have no idea which you are talking about because of different years, and this would help others.

Cool idea, and thanks for spelling "NASCAR" properly. 👍

But, could you please use the names of cars as they are in-game? By "Camaro SS" and "Challenger" I have no idea which you are talking about because of different years, and this would help others.

the only old camaro ss in the chevrolet dealership is the one I'm talking about
there is only 1 old challenger in the dodge dealership

I am mostly looking at the cars around the .10-.12 range

In stock form with these cars you'll be hitting the rev limiter a lot. Their stock transmissions are only good for about 100-120mph (on average).

In stock form with these cars you'll be hitting the rev limiter a lot. Their stock transmissions are only good for about 100-120mph (on average).

yes I know I do want to keep it completely stock. Maybe I'll do a modified class too with some of the lower power to rate ratio cars like the camaros, the mach 1 mustang and the 70'cuda.

EDIT:to everyone looking I'm not set on a date yet because weekends are not good for me Friday afternoon-5 pm est is the latest I can go but other than that days of the week are best.

PSN: Luigi755
GTP: TheLuigi755
Car: 1965 Shelby GT350
Colour: New Indy Yellow Pearl

PLEASE NOTE: I go to bed at 9PM GMT (~5PM Eastern), so make it a bit early or else I will pull out.

PSN: Luigi755
GTP: TheLuigi755
Car: 1965 Shelby GT350
Colour: New Indy Yellow Pearl

PLEASE NOTE: I go to bed at 9PM GMT (~5PM Eastern), so make it a bit early or else I will pull out.
Hi thanx for your interest but need more people so for now the series is at a hold

swiftsmith/smith1001/Charger 440 R/T 70'/As close to a Dukes of Hazard paint scheme as possible.

Glad to see you finally finished those specs.

that sounds like it would be a good time
please let me know when your ready
am interested in entering
If I can get at least 6-8 racers together I would start working on a start date and finish the schedule.

Last edited:
Ok guys only two more people and I can start working on a start date and time and also finish the schedule. I'm looking for one more road course any suggestions?

@Smith we have only one road course right now (willow springs street course) I'm adding Indy even though NASCAR didn't start racing there until the 2000s

@Rick 10-4 👍

I'm going to drive the Chevrolet Chevelle.

PSN: HarskGaming96
What color will the car be? Also could you give me your info in the following order just makes it easier for me to put it in the OP thanx

PSN/GTP/vehicle model/vehicle color

Latest Posts

Back