Historic race cup B-spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter ajejebrazof
  • 6 comments
  • 1,956 views
Messages
41
So how the hell are you supposed to beat this event?
Traded for a p4 330... not even close.
So i grinded my way to lvl 21 to get the Toyota 7 from like the wind, it doesn't get any better than this, fully tuned it's like 900+hp 600kg.
Won the first race easily, but the second one is borderline impossible.
The AI is terrible on this track. Veeeeery slow, and crashes into some wall at least twice per race (never happened before in 100+ races). Best result I got till now is 11/12... lol seriously?
It's really pissing me off, last one I need to complete expert events.
Anyone did this successfully?
 
I had to run the second race about 7 times before I got a win. The 2J Chapparal is the killer here. If one of these is near the front at the start Bob has little to no chance even in the Toyota 7 as the 2J takes low speed corners very very well and there are a lot of those on this track.

Try entering the race and look at the lineup before you start it. If the lineup looks bad back out and re-enter. The lineup I had when Bob managed to win it had only 1 2J in it and it started a row or 2 behind my Toyota. I had to give Bob a lot of direction but once I managed to get past the Jags and the Ford GTs Bob ran off and left them in the dust.

When there were 2 2Js in the lineup the best he managed was 2nd place behind the 2J. Bob was all over it at the entrance to every corner but the 2J is to fast through the corners.

The other option is to pick up a 2J and upgrade the turbo on it for Bob to drive.
 
I had to run the second race about 7 times before I got a win. The 2J Chapparal is the killer here. If one of these is near the front at the start Bob has little to no chance even in the Toyota 7 as the 2J takes low speed corners very very well and there are a lot of those on this track.

Try entering the race and look at the lineup before you start it. If the lineup looks bad back out and re-enter. The lineup I had when Bob managed to win it had only 1 2J in it and it started a row or 2 behind my Toyota. I had to give Bob a lot of direction but once I managed to get past the Jags and the Ford GTs Bob ran off and left them in the dust.

When there were 2 2Js in the lineup the best he managed was 2nd place behind the 2J. Bob was all over it at the entrance to every corner but the 2J is to fast through the corners.

The other option is to pick up a 2J and upgrade the turbo on it for Bob to drive.

Thanks man, will try.
What directions did you use? I'm trying overtake and pace up but he always ends up against a wall that way =/
Maybe because his arrow is pointing down?
Did you modify the car settings in any way? I know pretty much nothing about tuning.
 
I would use a driver that has the arrow blue pointing up if possible for this race and also the best driver you have. If your best driver is not blue I would run some other races with other drivers until your top guy is blue again.

I only gave instructions to overtake as they went up the hill and/or started down the other side almost every pass took place either on the fast part up the hill or in the right hand turn before the hairpin. Sometimes Bob would pass after the tunnel but I found that it is bad to tell him to pass there as he will try to pass on the left and the AI will crowd him into the corner of the railing at the chicane and then he may get stuck there.

The only thing I did to the car [Toyota 7] was added the turbo, changed the oil and drop the gear 1 notch on the tranny to get a little more accel off the corners. The real trick was not being behind the 2J.
 
I may be wrong but it seems to work for me. You don't want to tell Bob to pick up the pace or overtake while he is in the red. I constantly tell hem to pace down until he is in that purplish - reddish area. This is when I tell him to overtake or pace up. It won't make him slower by telling him to pace down until he crosses over the halfway mark. He'll actually drive better because he won't be spinning out or slamming into walls. None of them have crashed unless they were in the red. You have to be patient with them. By telling him to pace down, sometimes he gets closer to the cars in front. You just have to keep his stress level down. Or what ever that meter is.

I haven't beat this race yet in Bspec, though. None of my drivers are at that level yet. Working on one to get him there. This seems to be one of those races that they need to be good because there is no car that can crush the competition.
 
Are you changing the transmission settings? The straights are very short and you can get away with setting the transmission heavily into the acceleration side.
 
OMG, after numorous 2nd and 3nd, finally got this win. Thx HBR for the tips on command, it really helps. However, I started the race behind the 2J. After the beginning 2 laps, I was 3rd, behind 2J and the Jag. Jag did a good job at defending 2J, so I slowly catch up and pressurize on the 2 front runner. On lap 5, 2J had a mistake coming out of the final chicane. So I was up to 2nd. And another 2 lap catching up on the Jag, meanwhile 2J is behind my tail again. Despite the nerve, I order Bob to pace down on the infield and pace up on the straight. Fianlly got passed the jag on the second last lap with some kamekazi overtaking move. Was so happy!

Btw, I used the tuned Jag xj13 with some suspension setup. I find it's quicker in the corners despite being heavier and slower than the Toyota 7 and also has more low end torque than the 7, so from the start, Bob doesn't drop back to 10th.
 
Back