Holiday Bundle Important Info

SuperShouden

(Banned)
SuperShouden
The Forza 4 copy in the Forza 4/Skyrim Bundle is actually Forza 4: Essentials Edition, which is just the first disc of the game and you have to buy the rest of the cars with points. It still kinda saves you money over buying the game and system separately, but it still kinda is a bummer. I found that one out the hard way. They don't tell you it's the Essentials Edition anywhere in the Advertising, so it's MS being stupid again.

Quoted from Amazon:

Amazon
  • Digital Entertainment Bundle:Includes Xbox LIVE 3 Month Gold Membership + 5 Digital Arcade Games (Acqua, Load Runner, R Type, Snoopy, and The Maw) + $10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
  • 250GB Console
  • Forza 4, Essentials Edition
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Downloadable Token
  • An additional One-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

C2sA8.jpg

Doesn't look very "concealed" to me. Looking at pictures of the package from around the web, it doesn't appear to be that way, either...

10638970-1347637456-617612.png

9475abdb-5c63-4ece-a7c9-fa3bff7719cd.jpg

microsoft_xbox_360_x360_slim_250gb_holiday_value_bundle_skyrim_forza_4_infomark.hr_1.jpg

10638973-1347557095-49836.png

So, uh... It seems to be written on the box in plain text. Dunno how you managed to miss that. Or did you buy the bundle from some sort of shady retailer?

Well, would you look at that...I'm blind. lol. Okay mods can delete please. I still don't understand the point of the Essentials Edition sense you have to fork out the remaining $30 for the rest of the game, anyway. Maybe they just wanted to save money on DVD production, but, still...

I wonder whether sales of the EE count towards MS stats for how many people bought the game. If they were more honest they'd count them as half each.

Of course they count. Why do you think Kinect Adventures is the best selling Xbox game? Because everyone time someone buys a kinect, they get the game, too, so Kinect sales count as Kinect Adventure sales. Surprisingly, 8million people have forked out the money for the Kinect...that's pretty impressive for something that costs half as much as the system itself.

Quick question about updating the essentials edition. I realize you can easily get all the missing cars via marketplace but what about the missing tracks? Do those come with the upgrade packs?

Back