Honda Civic 1.4 Si 3 door

  • Thread starter Thread starter DQuaN
  • 11 comments
  • 930 views

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
Messages
12,299
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
My girlfriend has just purchased one. We pick it up on friday.

I didn't get a chance to go on the test drive with her as I had to work :grumpy:

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this car. Has anyone got one/driven one?

Will the stick on the dashboard need getting used to? (it looks weird!).


Thanks for your comments :)

Dunc.
 
DQuaN
My girlfriend has just purchased one. We pick it up on friday.

I didn't get a chance to go on the test drive with her as I had to work :grumpy:

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this car. Has anyone got one/driven one?

Will the stick on the dashboard need getting used to? (it looks weird!).


Thanks for your comments :)

Dunc.

I have a 1996 civic 1.4i 16v - really good car and engine, i've had it for 1 year and 7 months i got it at 73,000miles it now has 114,xxx miles - only things i've replaced is brake discs and pads, bulbs, wiper blades, tires, and i changed the timing belt (the usual stuff that wears out). never had a groan or a creek anywhere on the car!

It still runs and sounds as smooth as the day i got it (even after the numerous redlines and beatings on a skidpan and backroads) great on fuel and it has good power for its engine size, the brakes are also really good.

Even though the new one is a completely different car i just thought i would show how reliable my old timer is so you know the quality of the car!

I've drove the 1.6 Civic-Sport (looks like the Type-r but with smaller wheels and smaller spoiler) think its a sohc VTEC, same shape same as the one your girlfriend will pick up on friday, it seems weird with the gearstick on the dashboard to look at it but it is comfy as hell to drive! the handling is was really good (hardly any body roll at all) and brakes were amazing! gear change is really smooth and the clutch felt good and was easy to feel the biting point! the dash layout is really nice too!

Hope this helps!

Barry
 
I've driven a few of the newer shape Civic's and I really like them, the dash layout is brilliant and the gear stick position makes perfect sense when you drive it. Hope you enjoy the car!
 
So how is the Civic DQuaN?
 
I know I've been gone for a while and forgive me for bringing this up but... you got back together with your GF?? or is this a new one?
 
This is a new one. The old one was quite a long time ago.

And we still haven't got the Civic :(

We were supposed to pick it up tomorrow, but they said it has been vandalised in the lot :grumpy:

But they are giving us a courtesy car tomorrow.
 
so what are they going to do with the car? was it badly damaged or what?
 
No idea. Gonna speak to the dealers when we pick up the courtesy car tomorrow.

We think it might just be an excuse because it is not ready yet.
 
well i hope it works out to be fine. i hate people who mess with cars like that.
 
The car should be ready tomorrow. In the meantime I have had a Honda Jazz Sport to take out to the country. It's a great little car! No wonder it was best in its class in the top gear survey. I'd want one if it wasn't so girly!

We should get our car tomorrow. Finally!
 
So DQuaN did your girlfriend eventually get the Civic? How do you like it? Any problems?
 
I had forgot about this thread. Have you taken delivery?
 
Back