Honda Civic: 50 Years of Economy Fun

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Stawookie
"Utilitarian and minimalistic, providing an optimal blend of size, performance and economy." - Hiroshi Kizawa
In need of replacement, the H1300 and the 600 were seeing overwhelming competition in the compact car world. Honda acted fast to create their most advanced car to date.
Launched in Japan on July 11, 1972, the Civic was Honda's first worldwide car and has set the standards of what a compact car should be: practical, minimalistic, economical and fun.
1657512761342.png

1657512586576.png

I owned an EP3 Si and EK1. Had the pleasure of going for a ride in an original Civic S model while attending college. The image of the car has totally changed. May be small next to an F-150. Makes a really nice race car today, but it’d be nice to see the model downsize(ain’t gonna happen).

I’d definitely get any Civic from the CVCC to an EP3.

My 1994 Civic Coupe with JDM B16A engine swap (170hp, 9,000rpm) was one of the most fun cars I've ever experienced (including cars with over 500hp). It had stock DX brakes (yikes) but handled pretty well. I still miss that car. Some other hot Civics that I experienced -

1997 Civic Hatchback with a turbo H22 - 412whp. A total rocketship.
1994 Acura Integra (Basically a civic) with turbo b18b - 250whp. Really fun car with a lot of torque
1998 Civic Coupe with turbo D16 - ~200whp.

Those were all definitely fun, but man the n/a B-series engines were really something. Never liked the sound of the K-series engines as much even though they make crazy power.

Last edited:
Back