Honda Electric SH-AWD with Precision All-Wheel Steer 'Pikes Peak' #901 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 19 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents another Pikes Peak car, this time the Honda Electric Car who is official registered at the PPIHC competitors list as the Honda Electric SH-AWD with Precision All-Wheel Steer 'Pikes Peak' #901 2015 and of course from Japan.
It's PPIHC and it is the 93th edition which will be held from 22 until 28 of June.
Fasten seatbelts because Honda is ready "to take off"!

20z4apc.jpg

The American branch of Honda, HPD (Honda Performance Development), is as usual responsible for engaging the manufacturer's production in the famous Pikes Peak hillclimb event.
For 2015, Honda Japan goes electric like many other Japanese manufacturers.

Details about the car are unknown at the moment but we have the first images unleashed by Honda recently after they have pop-up on a Japanese autosport website. The body is without a doubt the well known shadow of a Honda CR-Z which as extensively modified to accommodate the mega shovel pie and fin ... in the prototype typical time attack models.

Further we see at Pikes Peak competitors list no mentioned three letters designating it's model, actually we only see on the car against the sides bear the full name of the car "Electric SH-AWD with Precision All-Wheel Steer" that describe the embedded technology, the 4WD system well known associate at Honda Four-wheel in an electric car.

The driver of this electric machine will be Tetsuya Yamano, retired from Subaru that was for a long his employer and now returns to his first love, Honda.
The Japanese veteran driver has many experience on circuits such as the Nürburgring where he was one of the pillars of the Subaru epic story and so has all the qualifications to drive the Honda car to the top of the mountain.

Anyway the Honda car looks pretty good to me to top the Pikes Peak top 10 competitive times.

wwk803.jpg

4h47rq.jpg

10rjs75.jpg

nec6lt.jpg

53kydy.jpg

2ptwck4.jpg
rcve3o.jpg

OTHER PIKES PEAK CARS

Last edited:
It is a CRZ with a wing that is even bigger than the average Pikes Peak car. We already have three Pikes Peak cars and if we get a new Tajima or something this car appears unnessecary.

It is a CRZ with a wing that is even bigger than the average Pikes Peak car.
The mounts are pretty big, but the rear wing isn't overly massive. I like the simplicity of it.
We already have three Pikes Peak cars and if we get a new Tajima or something this car appears unnessecary.
All PPIHC Open/Exp cars on GT6 are Tajimas. We need some variety in them, at least.

just looked at the Dacia and now I agree with the CRZ wing thing, but I think that Pikes Peak cars shouldn't be allowed to have so much power and aero:

One day a car will fail and someone will have a bad accident... Like Group B. But liked anyway, I always loved the CRZ.

A bodywork catch came undone and caught the wing mounts. It could happen in any racing car. It was just an unfortunate failure of a small part. There's nothing wrong with the power figures or downforce levels of the cars, it's not like they're extortionate. The death of Group B and the inherent dangers of hillclimbing can't really be compared, either.

Most of all though, I don't see why those concerns are relevant to this car.

...:D Is your friend running a Pikes Peak racer too? :P

I don't think his friend goes to Pikes Peak ... but maybe is has a hot girlfriend ... so it could be very hot inside? :D

By the way, why should it be dangerous if it's prepared to have it so? I don't expect the hood goes suddenly open ... and if it does the car would be a little lighter and therefore faster. :embarrassed:

Have a nice day
:cheers:

...:odd: Is it just me, or that hood doesn't look like it's been closed properly? :confused:

That's because, even in a standstill and the engine turned off, the hood is still oozing with horsepower. :P

Interesting car, though. I think Peugeot set the trend in Pikes Peak when it comes to entering cars that are small and compact but pack enormous amounts of horsepower underneath. And for the all-electric propulsion, I think we have Monster Tajima to thank for that. Anyway, this should be in the net GT game so that the Tajima EV-Runner would have a nice competitor. 👍

...Y'know, up until now I thought I pressed the like button for this particular car. {facepalm}

Now that oversight's been corrected.

Latest Posts

Back