• 8 comments
United Kingdom
The UK
JASON_ROCKS1998
JR98 GAMING
thumb-1920-668783.png

mugen_logo.jpg

mugen-n-one-racing-concept-1.JPG

At the 2013 Tokyo Auto Salon, Honda and Mugen showed off its N-One Racing Concept, sporting a widebody kit and race-inspired modifications like a side-exit exhaust system. A full roll cage has been fabricated inside the cabin along with race seats, four-point harnesses, and steering wheel.

The brakes on the Mugen N-One Racing Concept have been upgraded with four-piston calipers in the front and two-piston calipers in the rear. 16×7-inch wheels have been bolted onto each corner of the N-One and mated to slicks.

Some of the body modifications might seem over the top for a compact, but the tuning community out in Japan love modifying their kei cars.

mugen-n-one-racing-concept-10.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-2.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-3.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-4.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-6.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-7.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-8.JPG
mugen-n-one-racing-concept-9.JPG

...:eek:

Wowsers, what the heck is this piece of pugnacious goodness?! Automatic want. :lol: Hopefully, it has wee bit more fire to go along with the fancy trousers...

...:eek:

Wowsers, what the heck is this piece of pugnacious goodness?! Automatic want. :lol: Hopefully, it has wee bit more fire to go along with the fancy trousers...
I imagine it's got a bit more power, but I couldn't find any specs for it. MUGEN did make an aero kit for the production N-ONE, but they never gave it any extra power. This MUGEN RACING model never left the Concept stage.

I imagine it's got a bit more power, but I couldn't find any specs for it. MUGEN did make an aero kit for the production N-ONE, but they never gave it any extra power. This MUGEN RACING model never left the Concept stage.

...I'll be surprised if it has more than 80 BHP. Doesn't most Kei cars have around 60 to 65? I can't imagine Honda wringing out any more than that since this car is bound to spend almost all its life as nothing more than a fancy paperweight....

...I'll be surprised if it has more than 80 BHP. Doesn't most Kei cars have around 60 to 65? I can't imagine Honda wringing out any more than that since this car is bound to spend almost all its life as nothing more than a fancy paperweight....
63HP is the limit, and what pretty much every Kei car since the 90's have had.

63HP is the limit, and what pretty much every Kei car since the 90's have had.
I'd assume since this is a racing car concept, such racing cars aren't required to abide by production car regulations.
Who knows, maybe this car has well over 64 horsepower.

I'd assume since this is a racing car concept, such racing cars aren't required to abide by production car regulations.
Who knows, maybe this car has well over 64 horsepower.
Possibly, but it's also possible this just has the same engine as the standard N-ONE since it was just a concept that was never planned for production.

Possibly, but it's also possible this just has the same engine as the standard N-ONE since it was just a concept that was never planned for production.
Maybe it has no engine at all.
Maybe it's hiding an 8 liter V12 engine.

Latest Posts

Back