Honda NSX Type R '02 vs Lotus Esprit V8 '02

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidFieldMaven
  • 16 comments
  • 2,094 views
Messages
3,417
United States
NJ
Messages
Rave2Grave
Which is the mid-engine king of Suzuka Circuit?

Both 100% stock, with the Esprit detuned to 350 hp from 353 hp.

2:17.739 - Honda NSX Type R '02 [P]
2:18.822 - Lotus Esprit V8 '02 [P]

Honda
3.2L
290 hp / 7,100 rpm
237 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,270 kg
468 pp

Lotus
3.5L
350 hp / 7,000 rpm
295 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,380 kg
481 pp

This might be a little one-sided because the Type R is a rare model while the Esprit V8 is much more "common" so let's throw in something more comparable...

2:16.436 - Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00

3.5L
350 hp / 7,000 rpm
295 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,300 kg
492 pp

There, that ought to shut the NSX up :)

 
nice comparison, couldn't chose 2 cars that were closer together.
 
I wonder what the NSX would do at 350hp/1300kg, just for the sake of it.
 
Probably be faster than the Lotus, but I am curious now...
 
I don't know why this match-up hadn't occurred to me before, nice idea!
It helps that I'm a massive fan of both cars. :D
 
I'm really impressed by how much faster the Esprit Sports 350 is than the Esprit V8.
 
XKR-S weighs 540 kg more than the NSX-R. That's about 1,200 lbs. It's a pig! A fast pig, but still a pig.
 
XKR-S weighs 540 kg more than the NSX-R. That's about 1,200 lbs. It's a pig! A fast pig, but still a pig.
That's true. But I do expect the extra 242 horsepower and a million lb-ft of torque to go SOMEWHERE.
 
but on paper, the 350 is faster, as well as on the track... so yeah, what happens if you up the power of the nsx?
 
I'm not interested in testing modified cars, so unless someone else does it, we'll never know lol
I do believe that with over 10,000 mi/ 16,000 km on Suzuka, you are more qualified to test cars there than anyone else on GTPlanet. Please, pretty please?
__g___sad_bunny_by_blazezear-d60gk9i.jpg
 
And the NSX-R is so fast primarily because of all the downforce it has; I have no idea how downforce is factored into the PP calculation, though.
It had the same PP rating as in GT5, IIRC. And back in GT5 downforce played a pretty big role in PP calculation.
In GT6, adjustable downforce levels don't affect PP AT ALL IIRC. So I wonder why it still has the same PP rating...

It's probably just PD being PD. :lol:
 
Back