Honda RS Concept Revealed: A Baby Type-R

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 20 comments

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
The Honda RS concept was released today at the Indonesia International Motor Show today.

Local Honda president Takehiro Watanabe says the Small RS Concept is the brand’s ideal vision of what a small sports hatchback should be and visually, it’s hard to deny that this has been achieved.

At the front, the vehicle includes a selection of gloss black accents, horizontal LED daytime running lights and even a hood with a small air intake just like the current Civic Type R. Elsewhere, the Small RS Concept includes extended side skirts, aggressive creases along its flanks, and a pair of thin wing mirrors.

The rear also shares some similarities with the Type R. For example, there is an unnecessarily large rear wing, an aggressive diffuser, and unique tailpipes. A set of black wheels and a bright orange paint scheme helps to ensure that the concept stands out.

It is unknown if this hatch will enter production, what specs it has, or if it will actually be branded as a Type-R model.

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-2018.jpg

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-side-view.jpg

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-quarter-rear.jpg

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-front-fascia.jpg

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-Honda-Design.jpg

Honda-Small-RS-Concept-rear-spoiler-RS.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/04/hondas-small-rs-concept-baby-civic-type-r/

Looks like a nice package, kinda retro in it's hot hatch styling as it's quite square. The rear end and lights slightly remind me of a Dacia Sandero!

I like it. Give it a destroked 1.6L version of the tall-deck K24 with a mild hybrid system (call it hi-vtec) to boost low end torque. I'll buy 2.

Wait.... I live here and i didn't even know the Motor Show is already open...

Looks like it's a bit based on Honda Brio.

Mean little bugger, but me likey. It's pudgy in design, but otherwise rather stylish. It has a lot of character in its design without being horrid. I think of it more like the late model smart fortwo as far as minis or subcompacts are concerned.

It looks like it has been fitted with exterior features designed for a larger vehicle, but it looks so right for a Type R. It's just a mean and aggressive design compressed into a small package, I love it!

I like it, but Ooooo, so close to looking like a Mazda2 in the side windows and rear. The RS almost looks like Subaru had a hand in the front end design.
3dcarbon_mazda2-1.jpg

Knowing Honda Middle East, if this gets into production then we probably won't get it just like the Civic Type R and the NSX so meh.

I quite like it tho.

I really like this! We need more aggressive looking, tiny go-kart like cars to blast around in. They allow you to have fun without breaking multiple laws!

Exactly why I'm in love with my Swift Sport; sure, there are definitely faster cars out there, but good luck ringing out anything with over 200bhp on the road to the top of 2nd and 3rd gear (which is about 62 and 81 in my Swift give or take - peak power is at 6,900rpm).

Are people seeing the same car as I am? To me it looks as bad as the current Civic R, but with worse proportions...

Latest Posts

Back