Hopefully quick question on GT Omega Apex dimension

United States
eastern USA
Hi all,

My GT Omega Apex wheel stand is in shipment, and, of course, delayed. I'm looking to do as much pre-work as I can while waiting impatiently for the stand.

My current plan is to build a table for my single 27" monitor that I can tuck in right behind my T150* steering wheel base for better immersion, but I'm not having much luck finding all the dimensions for the Apex to support this plan.

The dimensions that I do have say the width of the sand is about 55cm side-to-side to the outside of the rubber feet. In building the table, I would believe that providing an additional 10cm from the inside of one leg to the inside of the other would avoid any issues with moving table legs along the outside of the frame to bring it forward to where the wheel mounting plate is. Can anyone confirm this thinking is correct?

I intend to use a wood table top and attach pre-made table legs under it. This would bring the underside of the table to about 70cm, which might not be tall enough to bring the table forward once I adjust the height of the wheel. Again, am I right about this? I'm thinking I might need to look at another 10-15cm of height on the legs to be able to bring things forward behind the wheel base.

I do not yet know how much elevation I will have to add to the wheel, of course. I'm running with a PVC wheel stand that I built from some antique plans, with the wheel sitting about 70cm high, and will want be a bit higher than that. I don't think I'll get anywhere near the maximum possible height allowed with the Apex stand.

I know I'm going to have to build the table with a 2nd tier table top to set the monitor height correctly (also to hold my PS4 console; no gaming PC yet), so the basic table height is totally based on getting it as close to the wheel as possible.

I was considering building up a table while I wait, but would rather not be too far off on my ability to scoot the monitor forward.

If any Apex owners read this, could you let me know if I'm reading the information I have correctly?

Thanks muchly,

* I ordered the Ricmotech T150 adapter plate, also on its way. :)

Hi all,

My Apex arrived yesterday, and is now set up and working. If anyone else has the same question I did, I thought I'd take some measurements and share them

It turns out that a stock table leg of about 70cm (which is what you find in the home improvement centers in the US) will suit my use case. I sit in a GT-position, with a lowered racing/office chair. I'm about 1.8m tall, and the wheel mounting plate on the Apex is 71cm off the floor at a comfortable height, and adjusted to be level, for my wheel. The cross-bar is 68cm off the floor

The point at which the adjustable square bar fits into the base square bar is 55cm off the floor.

So, despite my concerns, one can take a fairly standard table and use it as monitor stand with the Apex, if one isn't building a purpose-built stand to VESA mount your monitor.

Cheers!

Back