• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 4 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
Horizon_Map_Front.png

Horizon_Map_Back.png

Hi everyone :)

I've shared progress shots of this over the past year or so but now that it's complete, here is a real-life map of Forza Horizon 3's Australia.

Throughout most of 2017 I spent many hours in this fictionalised world, creating custom car designs, competing in time trials and generally having a good time with a vibrant and creative virtual racing community. Over time I came to appreciate the hard work that Turn 10 Studios and Playground Games put into creating this world and how its roads contributed to good race route design.

While looking at the Rivals (ie: Time Trials) mode in-game I wondered what the in-game map would look like if all of its race routes were on display at once. Which roads were the most popular, which weren’t used at all, and how do these routes string together to make an open world environment worth driving on? That gave me an idea, to create a map.

It was a fun project to put together, not only as I was learning more about map design but I also gained further appreciation for the game and its world along the way.

Read more about the entire project and its development here.

1s.png

2s.png

3s.png

4s.png

This is an unofficial, fan-created project expanding on the in-universe fiction of the game depicted. Any trademarks, logos, and brand names represented in this illustration are the property of their respective owners. No connection with any company is to be implied unless otherwise stated.

"Forza Horizon 3" © Microsoft Corporation. "Horizon Festival Route Map" was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from "Forza Horizon 3", and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft. For more information visit http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/developers/rules

This item is not for sale and if you receive it as a gift it cannot be re-sold, as per the "Game Content Usage Rules" agreement stated above.

Tagging: @GTPNewsWire @SlipZtrEm

That is Mega! What a thing to have put together, and what a unique thing to own. Very well done!

This reminds me of those strategy guides they always used to push on you when you purchased a game. Very well done.

Back