Host disconnects

  • Thread starter Thread starter DR@GON
  • 8 comments
  • 1,204 views
Messages
10
Ok, so when the host quits you get a message saying you have been disconnected from server right? Well (right now - 12:20am pst 4/22) I'm trying to match with ppl on the expert fuji course and it keeps disconnecting before it gets started, over and over.

Now, perhaps im a little paranoid, but im wondering if this is a new type of idiot out there, purposely creating a disconnect loop by seeing hes the host and doing something to crash the server, then getting back in as fast as possible to be the host again and do it all over. :dunce::grumpy:

again, maybe i have an over active imagination, but ive been punted and slammed into walls enough times tonight to make me seriously wonder. Dont these kids have anything better to do?
 
Ok, so when the host quits you get a message saying you have been disconnected from server right? Well (right now - 12:20am pst 4/22) I'm trying to match with ppl on the expert fuji course and it keeps disconnecting before it gets started, over and over.

Now, perhaps im a little paranoid, but im wondering if this is a new type of idiot out there, purposely creating a disconnect loop by seeing hes the host and doing something to crash the server, then getting back in as fast as possible to be the host again and do it all over. :dunce::grumpy:

again, maybe i have an over active imagination, but ive been punted and slammed into walls enough times tonight to make me seriously wonder. Dont these kids have anything better to do?

Remember the name of the host?

I can tell you that I am the host very often because I obviously have a good (fast) connection or maybe a good ping (EU).

When I start my PS3 it connects automatically and at first the connection is established and stable.
But as I start to pick an online race event it also happens that either during the "searching for players" or even when the race has started already my connection suddenly is lost...

I know this is bad for the other players which get disconnected too, and I always feel "guilty" but have no chance to apologize or even tell it wasnt intentionally.

I suspect my "Powerline" connection (Ethernet->Powerline Adapter / Powerline Adapter->Router) as the device which fails.
But I prefer this connection instead of WLAN because my WLAN quality (across 3 rooms) is very bad and disconnects evry 10 minutes.

And also when my Powerline-connection has disconnected several times it always stays stable until I quit playing (hours later..)

So maybe you did meet me online and expierienced my problems or maybe it was someone else with similiar problems ?
 
profi, are you port forwarding for your PS3 as the GT5P manual suggests?
 
profi, are you port forwarding for your PS3 as the GT5P manual suggests?

I set this uPnP thing to active..
Shouldnt that do it ?
 
I set this uPnP thing to active..
Shouldnt that do it ?

You have to go into your router setting and setup a static IP for your PS3 and then tell your PS3 to use that IP.

As you are in Germany I don't even know if your router setup is similar so you may have to do some searching for information on how to do it for your router.
 
You have to go into your router setting and setup a static IP for your PS3 and then tell your PS3 to use that IP.

As you are in Germany I don't even know if your router setup is similar so you may have to do some searching for information on how to do it for your router.

Is this required or are you just suggesting it as a fix? I am having problems all of a sudden where I keep getting disconnected from the host. I have a 95% wireless signal from my router to the PS3. I looked in my book and nowhere does it say anything about setting up a static IP for the PS3.
 
Is this required or are you just suggesting it as a fix? I am having problems all of a sudden where I keep getting disconnected from the host. I have a 95% wireless signal from my router to the PS3. I looked in my book and nowhere does it say anything about setting up a static IP for the PS3.

What is your NAT Type I had the same problem. Setting a static IP in my router and configuring my PS3 to use the same static IP fixed all of my problems. :) I can see if I can find the guide I used to fix my problem.
 
What is your NAT Type I had the same problem. Setting a static IP in my router and configuring my PS3 to use the same static IP fixed all of my problems. :) I can see if I can find the guide I used to fix my problem.

Here is some good information:
http://www.us.playstation.com/granturismo/online_connectivity.asp
--------------
Hey Dragon...nobody "chooses" to be host. GT5P assigns hosting to the player who has the best connection speed, or the player who has a history of successful hosted races. If more than 8 racers enter, some of these hosts connection speed can't handle the load. So if the race is disconnected right after the start, it isn't the host dumping the race. It is a problem with online GT5P assigning host duty to someone who shouldn't be the host. This happens to me a lot. I don't disconnect from a race ever. But if I am made host and there are more than 8, that race is going to get disconnected because of lack of bandwidth. Nothing I can do about it.
 
Is this required or are you just suggesting it as a fix? I am having problems all of a sudden where I keep getting disconnected from the host. I have a 95% wireless signal from my router to the PS3. I looked in my book and nowhere does it say anything about setting up a static IP for the PS3.
It is something that is suggested in order to stabilize online gaming.

I think GT5P even suggests setting it up this way.

That said, on my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) it is a necessity to maintain the connection and use voice chat.
 
Back