Hot Hatchbacks - Weekly Racing Club ~ Gauging Interest! ~

  • Thread starter Thread starter xkubunt
  • 12 comments
  • 682 views
Messages
760
United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Messages
xkubunt
Hot Hatchbacks - Racing Club​

I've been toying with the idea of posting this for a little while and figured to throw it out there to see who/if anyone is interested. It would consist of small hatchbacks (I'll put up a list off the top of my head below) for a casual weekly 2/3 race gathering which would be set up for a weeknight at around 7~9pm BST.

As for rules/regulations I was thinking to aim for 475pp (I realise some will allow tuning a little higher but this allows some of the less powerful to compete).

Sports soft/medium tires, aids allowed, no damage, false start check and fuel/tire depletion ON.

As for the cars here's a short list (not going into specific models but a blanket should stop confusion):

  • Honda Civic
  • VW Golf/Polo
  • Audi A3/S3
  • Peugeot 206/106
  • Ford Focus/KA
  • Mazda 3
  • Mini Cooper
  • Renault Clio/5

I know there are more but as I mentioned before this is just off the top of my head.

If you're interested reply below in the usual format (GTP username/PSN ID/car)
e.g: xkubunt / xkubunt / Honda Civic Type R (EK)


I'm open to suggestions/recommendations so if you have an idea please ask!
 
Last edited:
*Reserved just in case*
 
I wouldn't be interested in a championship as I simply don't have the time to dedicate myself to yet another league, but if we turned it into a sort of club, where we all meet up every week or so.
Like the monday night endurances...
 
I wouldn't be interested in a championship as I simply don't have the time to dedicate myself to yet another league, but if we turned it into a sort of club, where we all meet up every week or so.
Like the monday night endurances...

I was thinking of doing either a small series or a weekly get together where we'll have 2/3 races. It's all very open to suggestions at the moment (I'll edit the first post to reflect that actually!).
 
xkubunt
I was thinking of doing either a small series or a weekly get together where we'll have 2/3 races. It's all very open to suggestions at the moment (I'll edit the first post to reflect that actually!).

I like the part that is in bold. :dopey:
 
Thinking about it that would probably be a better option for me as well, I was thinking weekly meetings (2/3 races of around 15 minutes each?) and then a monthly tournament on a weekend and doing 5 events or so with a point based structure.

Of course all of this is pending interest and availability.
 
Believe it or not, I never drove a FF car other than in one of the A-spec series until PSN went down and I ran out of things to do so I modded up a Ford Focus, took her for a spin and realized I have been missing out....lol. Yeah I'd be up for this. If it's a race series I can only do Mon-Thu nights but if it's casual I can do every other weekend if I'm not on call. I like how these cars handle and I'd like to see how everyone else does with them.
 
Believe it or not, I never drove a FF car other than in one of the A-spec series until PSN went down and I ran out of things to do so I modded up a Ford Focus, took her for a spin and realized I have been missing out....lol. Yeah I'd be up for this. If it's a race series I can only do Mon-Thu nights but if it's casual I can do every other weekend if I'm not on call. I like how these cars handle and I'd like to see how everyone else does with them.

I started again today as I still haven't got my password reset email through, bought a Civic and gradually tuned it to around 490pp. All I can say is I ran a BMW 135i (tuned to 520pp) around the High Speed ring on a single hot lap in 1:11.579 and the Civic got a 1:13.245.

Other than that I agree, just how nimble they feel compared to other cars and I was amazed at how hard you have to push them to spin out/mess up.

Edit: I think I'll be going more towards a casual club with fortnightly/monthly events with prize cars (an example of a prize could be a VW Golf RM).
 
count me in, would Renault 5 turbo be allowed. also any further in deciding when to hold this.
 
count me in, would Renault 5 turbo be allowed. also any further in deciding when to hold this.

I don't see why not, I'll run a couple of tests but as long as it adheres to the above it's alright by me.

I was thinking run a test session next week sometime, maybe Thursday 26th May? Then I guess it's working out the best day for all who are interested.
 
I'm good for Monday-Thursdays.
Count me down for the Golf GTI Mk. 1. :)
 
26th is good for me, just let me know the time.

is it 450pp or 475pp.
 
Back