Hot Lap Question: Barcelona and Brands Hatch GP

• Thread starter YRS2703
  • 2 comments
Syria
Syria
YRS_2003
Hey guys, bit of a lurker here. A friend recently sent me an invitation to a local hot lap competition that serves as a preliminary qualifier for my country's supposed esport team.
The car being used is the Gr.3 AMG GT, but I haven't had much seat time in the past two months due to studies (which will make me miss rounds 2 and 3 so I hope I'll do well enough to squeeze a top 12 by points in R1) so I'm going in pretty much cold with barely a few hours of practice but has the car's behaviour changed in the past while due to BOP nerfs/buffs?
They're using Brands Hatch and Catalunya as the tracks to qualify on (selected randomly), do I have to run a certain BB for the car? Any tips regarding track limits too? As I'm unfamiliar with how penalties are being handed out with the game these days...

Last edited:
Hey guys, bit of a lurker here. A friend recently sent me an invitation to a local hot lap competition that serves as a preliminary qualifier for my country's supposed esport team.
The car being used is the Gr.3 AMG GT, but I haven't had much seat time in the past two months due to studies (which will make me miss rounds 2 and 3 so I hope I'll do well enough to squeeze a top 12 by points in R1) so I'm going in pretty much cold with barely a few hours of practice but has the car's behaviour changed in the past while due to BOP nerfs/buffs?
They're using Brands Hatch and Catalunya as the tracks to qualify on (selected randomly), do I have to run a certain BB for the car? Any tips regarding track limits too? As I'm unfamiliar with how penalties are being handed out with the game these days...

no changes to this particular car in the past few months

for BB it's really up to you. If you experience too much oversteer try negative BB (toward the front), if you experience too much understeer try positive BB (toward the rear).

as far as track limits goes, keep 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times and you should be good.

no changes to this particular car in the past few months

for BB it's really up to you. If you experience too much oversteer try negative BB (toward the front), if you experience too much understeer try positive BB (toward the rear).

as far as track limits goes, keep 2 wheels inside the white lines at all times and you should be good.
Fair enough! I remember I used to run +1 or +2 when I used this car for Manu, so I think I'll get back to that then
I'll try my best with the track limits as it's basically a "one-shot qualifying" system, where you get a warm up lap and a flying lap and that's pretty much it lol
I know I'm going to accidentally put a wheel on the grass coming out of Westfield's or Stirling's on Brands Hatch while trying to make the most of the track and just bin it lmao

Last edited:
Back