Hot Lap Racing for Nintendo Switch & PC thoughts

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 6 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear racing fans
A while ago, here is what I saw in one of the video game news articles:
Hot Lap Racing announced for Switch, PC - Gematsu

This game appears to be a third-party title, shared in-between Nintendo Switch & PC, in development by Zero Games Studios and going to be published by Just For Games. It only features a handful of licensed cars in it while the two cars, (Ford GT40 & Audi R8 LMP900 class race car), being shown at 0:26, appeared to be generic/not licensed as their respective logo are not shown at all, plus there are not many of the real brands/sponsors featured on the side of the tracks or cars.

The following licensed cars being featured at this moment are:
  • KGM eCup 200 car
  • Mygale F4 gen.2
  • Ligier P217
  • Mygale F3 R
I'm curious to see what the handling model is going to feel like.

Side notes:
  • Not to be confused with Hot Lap League by Ultimate Studio (A TrackMania alternative).
  • I doubt this game is going to be ported to PS5 and Xbox Series X.

Last edited:
This actually looks really interesting doesn’t it? The car list is fantastic. The old DTM cars, BTCC Super Tourers, Indycars - I even spy replicas of classic liveries like the Players Indycar etc - read that you can set races up exactly as you want, multiclass, and so on, if I was designing my own dream racer this isn’t that far off.

Problem is that the Switch is such a weedy little thing these days and the Joycons straight up suck for racers. The videos look a bit dodgy in terms of graphics and frame rates, and the handling doesn’t look great from the vids either. I so, so want this to be good but I’m on the fence. But I’m interested at least.

This actually looks really interesting doesn’t it? The car list is fantastic. The old DTM cars, BTCC Super Tourers, Indycars - I even spy replicas of classic liveries like the Players Indycar etc - read that you can set races up exactly as you want, multiclass, and so on, if I was designing my own dream racer this isn’t that far off.

Problem is that the Switch is such a weedy little thing these days and the Joycons straight up suck for racers. The videos look a bit dodgy in terms of graphics and frame rates, and the handling doesn’t look great from the vids either. I so, so want this to be good but I’m on the fence. But I’m interested at least.
Not to mention its handling model feels even more arcade than Gran Turismo 7, Forza Motorsport 2023 and Formula 1 2024.

I love the idea of this game, the car list etc. The reviews and videos suggest a very arcadey, slidy handling model, poor visuals with a juddering frame rate, and rubber-banding AI that constantly bash into you. I'll probably pick this up when it's like a fiver or something on sale in a few months. Really wanted it to be good.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting for a patch or two to add more cars/tracks and fix the fps. I'm sure the Switch can handle it, I can play Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 just fine.

Back