Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 Turbocharged Review: Small Scale, Big Fun

Hot Wheels Unleashed was very much the surprise of 2021. Nobody expected it to come from Milestone — well-known for its many motorbike simulators — and nobody expected it to be any good. But it was.

Last edited:
Great review! Really enjoyed the first one and this sounds like it’s doing a lot right as well.

This looks good. My children are excited about this game but I told them I was going to wait on this until all of the DlC comes out this time around

kjb
This looks good. My children are excited about this game but I told them I was going to wait on this until all of the DlC comes out this time around
Probably not a bad idea. The big bundle (umm... Legendary?) contains the two season passes, so you'd get the extra 49 cars and be at about 180.

I bought the Ultimate Collectors Edition for the first gane and it only came with the 1st 2 season passes and nit the third one. I eventually ended up buying it when it went on sale. So I want try to save some money this time around

Will wait for a sale on this one, enjoyed the first but only played it for about 8 hours when I checked the wall of shame stats.

I went to play the first Hotwheels game when it was free on psplus, but it didn't have steering wheel compatibility and my wheel has made me somewhat of a snob. Driving in any game with a controller just doesn't feel right and honestly feels pretty stupid when I have a wheel right beside me.

Keep thinking about buying this but I finished Hot wheels 1 quickly and then never looked back. Sort of feel bad that I spent money on it.

Is there anything that stands out as a major update on this one vs. the 1st one?

Good, the first game's Battle Pass was annoying. Might pick it up later once I'm burned out from Motorsport.

Do you always cover the value for money first. or is it because the last game was a paid lootbox storefront? Good job either way. Wasn't going to keep scrolling had the review started with anything else.

Will add this game alongside Ride 5 on the waiting list if I ever get bored of TCM.

My kids aren't fans of the first game for some reasons. I liked it a lot though. Will pick up the new one when it's on sale.

MSZ
My kids aren't fans of the first game for some reasons. I liked it a lot though. Will pick up the new one when it's on sale.
My kids liked it but it was a little bit harder than they were expecting. So I'm hoping this one is easier for them

I didn't think it'd ever happen! I'm going to buy the game now.

Last edited:
I was toying with the idea of getting a completely new game to christen my new PS5, and a Hot Wheels game is high in the running.

Which begs the question, what's the best option right now?

I'm assuming HWU2T, but should I bother with the Deluxe or Legendary Editions?

I'm not sure I'd play it a huge amount (with GT7 taking up most of my gaming time, plus FFVII Rebirth coming soon), but it looks like it has PS1 'Micro Machines' vibes, which I really enjoyed many many years ago.

Last edited:
Finally bit the bait and got the Legendary Edition on my new Switch. Just need to re-verify that there's no FOMO stuff since I picked it up late.

Back