Hotfixes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter teth75
  • 17 comments
  • 2,181 views
Messages
215
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
Messages
Teth75
So are PD telling us which things they fix now? As opposed to leaving everybody guessing...
Good. Strange that they fix two things that i've never experienced, but never the less, it's an improvement.
I don't really use AWD cars so i've not seen the handling problem. I usually watch the replay after the race ( the auto one ) and it's never froze then so don't know bout that one either lol.
Good to have it documented within the game though 👍
 
I haven't had the replay one either...but it was a common problem. As for AWD cars, that has only been an issue since update 1.04 was released
 
I've had my game freeze repeatedly when I try to view an online replay that I had saved. So I hope that's been fixed - I wanted to see that replay again.
 
I've had my game freeze repeatedly when I try to view an online replay that I had saved. So I hope that's been fixed - I wanted to see that replay again.
Odds are that it will apply only to replays that are saved after the update, One that had a problem before will likely still have a problem and should probably be deleted.
 
After the ninja update today, I was very pleased to see that PD now tells us what they fix. Honestly I never noticed the AWD problems, as I tend to tune them so I have most of the torque at the rear wheels. The replay freezes too because I don't really play online.
 
After the ninja update today, I was very pleased to see that PD now tells us what they fix. Honestly I never noticed the AWD problems, as I tend to tune them so I have most of the torque at the rear wheels. The replay freezes too because I don't really play online.

I honestly haven't experienced any trouble with 4WD cars either, but I've heard some people say that the Audi R8 street car handled like an FR.
 
After the ninja update today, I was very pleased to see that PD now tells us what they fix. Honestly I never noticed the AWD problems, as I tend to tune them so I have most of the torque at the rear wheels. The replay freezes too because I don't really play online.
Today's hotfix was much larger than usual though. I wonder what else they changed/silently added/fixed.
 
Today's hotfix was much larger than usual though. I wonder what else they changed/silently added/fixed.
Yes its all been very vague thus far..............
Would like to know what they changed ( if anything ) with MR cars because Audi LMS and Ultra etc all seem better with stock tuning than they did on 1.01
 
There were some AWD cars that seemed to be putting all their power to the rear after 1.04. The Spec V and Black edition GTR's, and both HPA cars were ones I came across like this. On their stock tires they were not real usable without applying TC of 6 or 7.
Glad they fixed it quickly, and even better that they told us that's what was changed:tup:
 
I honestly haven't experienced any trouble with 4WD cars either, but I've heard some people say that the Audi R8 street car handled like an FR.
I thought the r8 was almost like an FR car anyway. I thought something like 80% of the power was sent to the rear wheels.
 
I'm surprised no one noticed this yesterday, MotortrendMitch mentioned it to me around lunch time yesterday. I was wondering how long it would take for a thread to pop up about it lol.

My only question now is, is that really all they fixed? We all know how PD likes to be when supplying info about updates.
 
Odds are that it will apply only to replays that are saved after the update, One that had a problem before will likely still have a problem and should probably be deleted.
This actually is not true, fortunately. It seems that the bug was in the playback code, not in the replay creation, so old replays now all work. In S.N.A.I.L., we have a collection of replays of each of our races (8 divisions times 6 races each per week, so a ton of them), and we've yet to have any of the dozens of them I've tried fail after the update, even those that had locked up my PS3 12 times in a row just a day before the update. Of course, it's possible there are other issues that still cause problems, but if so, those issues are less common than the one they fixed.

I know this issue wasn't a big deal for a lot of people, but for online leagues that rely on replays to collect data and review potential penalties, this fix was a really, really big deal.
 
Today's hotfix was much larger than usual though. I wonder what else they changed/silently added/fixed.

I was wondering that as well. Usually these Hotfixes download within a second. This one took about two minutes. I have been checking everything that I could possibly think of, like glitched instruments, but everything seems to be the same.
 
So are PD telling us which things they fix now? As opposed to leaving everybody guessing...
Good. Strange that they fix two things that i've never experienced, but never the less, it's an improvement.
I don't really use AWD cars so i've not seen the handling problem. I usually watch the replay after the race ( the auto one ) and it's never froze then so don't know bout that one either lol.
Good to have it documented within the game though 👍
If you watch the replay immediately after, they won't freeze. But if you quit the game and come back later to watch them they lock up your system when loading.
 
Glad they fixed the AWD bug...might have a shot at golding S-5 now. I was pretty upset when I went to revisit it yesterday and noticed that the Veyron handled worse (believe it or not) than before.

Much better now, 2:13.708 works for me.
 
Last edited:
Ok we are confusing some things, 1.04 didn't do anything to AWD cars it was the hotfix for the replays and the AYC that defaulted all AWD cars to 100% rear torque bias. This second hotfix actually fixed whatever the programmer left open since every car with a torque splitter by default read '--' null character which made the game make all those cars FR which was fun as you can see all sorts of funny things like Lancers that had posi-traction with AYC installed(that was funny as hell, felt like a big old 70's muscle car). R8 handled like a beast, the most fun was the ZZII omg, full rear bias made that car feel like a race monster, then again I had a bit too much power in there anyway. I sure hope we get a torque splitter that allows you to kill front end power totally, this was an enlightening experience because it showed that the game engine is quite refined and that things can be dynamically altered and each system is applied separately for varying drive systems. I'm miffed I haven't yet gotten to try the ATTESSA without front wheel distribution and see what sort of antics that would produce.

Some see a flaw, I saw an opportunity into a most complex drive simulation and the fact that there is a way to completely disable AWD systems, means that with a weight change system added we can effectively make drive line swaps possible. Crosses fingers that PD will leave that door open and allow some cars to do such a thing, would make for interesting dynamics in cars like the Eagle Talon, Dodge Charger(new model) and many more cars that actually can support drive train swaps. Oh well back to the fun one way or another.
 
Some see a flaw, I saw an opportunity into a most complex drive simulation and the fact that there is a way to completely disable AWD systems, means that with a weight change system added we can effectively make drive line swaps possible. Crosses fingers that PD will leave that door open and allow some cars to do such a thing, would make for interesting dynamics in cars like the Eagle Talon, Dodge Charger(new model) and many more cars that actually can support drive train swaps. Oh well back to the fun one way or another.

Yep. I posted this a while ago in another thread with a similar discussion.

I understand why they only allow you to go to 10/90 with the adjustable torque split. IRL you have to modify physical components to get an AWD car RWD, you can't just turn a knob inside the car. Here's the thing though, it would be so easy to implement, it befuddles me. Just make it an upgrade, just like a CF hood or rear wing. You either buy it to get full RWD or uninstall it for the adjustable torque split. It shouldn't be any more complicated than that, and everyone is happy.
 
Back