HotLaps (Android 4+ Laptimes App) Now With Forza 5 Support

NoStreetCred / GTP_CerealKiller
Posted this a few weeks back for GT6 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-app-for-saving-sharing-your-laptimes.313823/) but I recently made the leap to XBox One and Forza 5, and still found myself craving a way to track and compare all my laptimes. Went to work on multi-game support and just uploaded a new version today with Forza 5 support.

You guys seem to have much better hotlapping support in the game (love that rivals mode) but I've been still finding it fun to keep a running tally of all my laptimes, especially when I want to run a car stock or compare with other cars.

More details in the GT6 link but if you're interested, the app just lets you quickly log your laptimes and the PP you were tuned to. It's currently a free app, contains no ads, just a donation option if you are so inclined. (I'm going to keep it that way provided it doesn't grow to a size that requires more expensive hosting) You need to make an account, privacy policy link is included on the registration screen.

App is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.rmrf.hotlaps

Just head to the main menu and hit "Change Game" to get off GT6. :)

Hope someone finds it useful!

I downloaded this after I saw you post this on Reddit. As I noted there, so far we're the only two people on there. Nobody else has touched it.

I do want to note, however, that I would like to see the terminology changed from "PP" to "PI" for FM5, if possible, not just because it might be a bit confusing to players that haven't played GT5 or GT6 to know it's "PP" there, or because "PP" sounds more silly, but because "PI" was the original before it was copied as "PP." PP is to PI as Trophies are to Achievements.

Started using it to keep track of my tuning times today I quite like it although it's quite light on UI I like that since it's nice and simple. Hopefully more people start using it to fill in some times to compare to.

Just downloaded this and shared a few lap times. I really like how simple and easy to use this is, had no problems navigating or adding times.

New version posted tonight, should show up within a few hours, with the new cars released yesterday.

More details over in the GT thread or the App store update notice.

Just downloaded this and shared a few lap times. I really like how simple and easy to use this is, had no problems navigating or adding times.

Thanks! Trying hard to make it as fast and simple as possible to get times in there.

I downloaded this after I saw you post this on Reddit. As I noted there, so far we're the only two people on there. Nobody else has touched it.

I do want to note, however, that I would like to see the terminology changed from "PP" to "PI" for FM5, if possible, not just because it might be a bit confusing to players that haven't played GT5 or GT6 to know it's "PP" there, or because "PP" sounds more silly, but because "PI" was the original before it was copied as "PP." PP is to PI as Trophies are to Achievements.

Yeah adoption hasn't been as strong on Forza side, looks like only about 7 of us using it there. I may have to see if there's anywhere else to announce it.

I'll give some thought to the PP, need to keep the UI generic as possible, maybe just "Performance" or something.

Any plans for an iPhone version?

Sorry no plans for iPhone :(, I don't use Apple devices and you kinda need a Mac to develop for it. Can't really make that kind of investment in an app with no possibility of being profitable. I probably don't have the time to redo it anyhow as I need to start thinking about my next project.

If anyone ever shows up offering to build an iOS version I'll set them up with the details to talk to the API though.

Thanks for the update to include Sierra.

Any chance of the 4 sections too, as they are great independent tar hillclimb stages and would be nice to record them.

Be nice if we all edited times rather than duplicating vehicles, unless there is a setup change. eg ABS on/off etc.

Awesome app, keep up the great work.
Cheers

Back